New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration #1  

szm.mat

Tractor
New Holland TL100A
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to use the built in clutch calibration screen in the new holland TL100A, this is a 2008 model.
This is the screen that comes up when both the rabbit and turtle buttons are held whilst the key is turned.

The letters PA H1 and a clutch symbol appear on the dot matrix screen, the letters CAL appears in the PTO speed screen followed by the engine temp in celcius.

Thank you in advance

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration #2  
G'day i will have a look tommorrow at work i am sure i have got a book on them to refresh my memory the temp you get is trans temp not eng temp and it has to be at above a certain temp. Can you tell me why you wan't to do a calibration on such a young unit i have had some of these out there for 5- 6 years and not had any clutch complaints.

Jon

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration #3  
This is all from memory. Range lever in high, gear lever in 1st. 1200 ERPM, shuttle lever in forward, clutch released. Hold the rabbit button to calibrate the A clutch, turtle button to calibrate the B clutch. Tractor and hydraulic oil must be at operating temperature. Set parking brake firmly, no hydraulic or air conditioning loads. Make sure you don't run over anything/anyone if the tractor moves. After calibration, key off for at least 15 seconds to allow new values to be stored.

It's all in the operator's manual, IIRC.

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration #4  
i have had some of these out there for 5- 6 years and not had any clutch complaints.

Jon

They aren't complaining to you, just to their neighbors about their coarse shifting New Holland tractor. The clutches should be calibrated whenever clutch modulation becomes less than ideal. Some tractors need it within the first 50 hours because the factory just wants them to move off the line when they are built and the factory calibrations are done with little care. Others will go for hundreds of hours. Calibration is supposed to be part of PDI. Tractors used heavily for loader work will need it more than those used more for field work. I calibrate transmissions routinely when performing other work if I think a tractor needs it.

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration
Thanks for that information, I did the calibration on The ABCD clutches, however when it came to the C and D clutches there was a loud clunk while the littles lines were going up and down. the A B hardly made a noise.
Could this suggest that the tractor has something else wrong with it? or is this normal during calibration?

The clutch seems to be running a little better, however there is a slight delay when taking your foot off the pedal, havn't tried it running cold however, which is where the problem mainly was before.

Thanks again

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration #6  
Thanks for that information, I did the calibration on The ABCD clutches, however when it came to the C and D clutches there was a loud clunk while the littles lines were going up and down. the A B hardly made a noise.
Could this suggest that the tractor has something else wrong with it? or is this normal during calibration?

The clutch seems to be running a little better, however there is a slight delay when taking your foot off the pedal, havn't tried it running cold however, which is where the problem mainly was before.

Thanks again

I can't tell you from memory which clutch provides which function, but I can tell you this: Two clutches are engaged to provide drive. One pair are modulated, one pair is not; one of each type is filled during normal tractor movement. The four possible combinations provide Forward and reverse in rabbit or turtle. When calibrating either of the modulated clutches, the unmodulated pair are both filled. When either of the unmodulated clutches are calibrated, the modulated pair are both filled. Filling either pair during calibration effectively locks the transmission, forcing the calibrating clutch to load the engine. The decreasing RPM signal is read by the computer as well as the time interval required to reach a certain RPM drop. The clunk you hear while calibrating C and D are the unmodulated A and B clutches being filled almost instantly. This is quite normal and to be expected.

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration #7  
I just purchased a used TO100A with 550 hours. There is a bump/jump every time I let off the clutch or use the shuttle shift to engage a forward gear. Very smooth going into reverse. Do I assume this what is being discussed? Everywhere tractor I have owned or driven has a smooth gear engagement.Where can I find the directions for doing this. It is not in my owners manual.

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration #8  
sur tla100 inverseur sec. avec 5 secondes environ d attende entre le passage inverseur et le demarage sec mais ca le fait seulement a 1 ou 2 fois a froid apres ca va normalement merci de votre reponse

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration #9  
Can someone tell me more specific instructions. Shuttle lever in forward all the time during calibration ? How to calibrate C and D clutches ?

My tractor is Case JX1100U, but calibration procedure should be same..

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Calibration #10  
calibrage case jx1100u :appuyer sur les 2 boutons hi lo en meme temps puis demarer moteur tirer frein a main mettre moteur a 1300tr inverseur en avant appuyer sur bouton hilo superieur embrayage a s affiche,rester appuyer sur hilo inferieur embryage a se calibre faire de meme pour enbrayage b,c et d puis couper contact pour memoriser les calibrages