PTO rpm speed/tractor rpms

/ PTO rpm speed/tractor rpms #11  
"japa 370 tr firewood processor", looks like an interesting "little" machine. Are you in the firewood business?

For a MF 1533/1540 Engine speed @ 540 PTO RPM = 2430 rpm

PHP:
  540      400
------ = ----- > 2430*400 / 540 = 1800 Engine RPM.
 2430        x

/ PTO rpm speed/tractor rpms
Not in the firewood business per se. Would like to sell a few cords to help suppliment income though. As they say there's a tool for every job and I'm trying to acquire a few, none of us are getting any younger and anything to make the job go a little more efficient is what I'm looking for.

/ PTO rpm speed/tractor rpms #13  
middle school level math..

find what engine rpm that '540' mark is at.. now do some division and multiplication.. find out what engine rpm = what pto rpm you want...

it's a simple ratio locked number... x engine rpm = y pto rpm.. once you know the ratio, plug in one number, then solve for the other..

soundguy

I have a Massey 1433v which I will be running a firewood processor with. The processor requires a maximum 400 rpms at the pto. My tach only shows a setting for 540, if anyone has a system of measuring pto speed at various tractor rpms I would appreciate the help.

Massey 1433v
6' puma snowblower
fransgard forestry winch
japa 370 tr firewood processor

/ PTO rpm speed/tractor rpms #14  
I have a Massey 1433v which I will be running a firewood processor with. The processor requires a maximum 400 rpms at the pto. My tach only shows a setting for 540, if anyone has a system of measuring pto speed at various tractor rpms I would appreciate the help.

Massey 1433v
6' puma snowblower
fransgard forestry winch
japa 370 tr firewood processor

The gearing between the engine and the pto shaft is constant, i.e. is not changed by shifting the tranny. So the relation between engine rpm and pto rpm is linear (i.e. when plotted on graph paper, it's a straight line with constant slope).

For example, my Mahindra 5525 produces 540 pto rpm at 2060 engine rpm. So the constant is 2060/540 = 3.815 (the gear ratio).

So, the engine rpm for 400 pto rpm is 3.815 x 400=1526 rpm.