Grading MF 231 grader blade

/ MF 231 grader blade #1  

jerry_butler_09

hi everyone,

i have recenly moved and have been doing some improvements to my farm, included with those improvements is building a road, so i had a couple loads of filler dirt brought in and i attempted to start moving it and spreading it, but all i have is a very light grader blade, and it wont dig any tough dirt because the tractor is not putting any downward pressure on it and it wont pull more than an inch off the top of the pile and i dont know much about tractors so i was wondering if im doing something wrong or if there is something i can do to fix my problem?

thank you all,

/ MF 231 grader blade #2  
A box blade w/ scarifiers can get you digging into hard earth and dragging a load. You could push "edges" off the pile of dirt to get it moved around too. I have a plain blade and hardly use it compared to the box blade. A box blade with several hundred lbs of additional weight will work wonders for building a road.

The best tool to move piles may be a FEL, but if you don't have one, it'll be some $$$ to get one outfitted.

/ MF 231 grader blade #3  
MOST light/medium duty grader blades are just that......GRADER blades. No mention of DIGGING. They'll work well in loose, dry material to an extent, but expect one to dig a swale in hard ground and you'll be sadly disappointed. Weight 'em down to where they WILL dig and they'll fold up like a cheap lawn chair. I've wadded up "name brand" medium duty blades. Light duty wouldn't stand a chance.

It takes $$$$$.$$ to get a blade that'll "bulldoze".