Looking to purchase tractor need help

/ Looking to purchase tractor need help #1  

The Shadow

My old tractor died:( Tired of repairing old equipment but the new ones can get a bit expensive. Advise needed.
I need to maintain about 50 ac but I want it small enough to get into tight places along the creek with an old shredder to clear.
I think a 35 to 50 horse power will be enough to pull a 6 to 7 foot shredder or a plow. Looking at new...but not opposed to one a few years old.
So far I have looked at the New Holland, Farm Trac and Kubota...and an older Ford
Don't want to be constantly repairing and replacing parts...so what problems do I look out for and which models do I avoid?
Thanks

Last edited:
   / Looking to purchase tractor need help #2  
Probably get more responses in :Buying/Pricing/Comparisons forum

/ Looking to purchase tractor need help #3  
I went with a new Kubota as they are tough, well built and they had 0% financing. How can you go wrong??

FN in MT

/ Looking to purchase tractor need help #4  
Sounds likes your looking in the right size tractors, I would look at the highest hp in the size that you want. To start out, maybe go to any and all tractor dealers that are within a distance that you don't mind driving. Check out the different brands, but more important, check out the dealers, see if you are comfortable with them & their facility. All the major brands make pretty good machines in my opinion. It seems like you get a little more for your money with the Koren machines, but overall service might be less and long term parts availability might not be as good. Look at them all, put your butt in the seat and see if the tractor is comfortable to you. What might feel good to one person might be horrible to you. Take your time, some of us take years before we make up our minds on what to purchase.:eek:

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask more questions, someone here at TBN will most likely know the answer.;)