Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Default Re: Tooth bar is a little short

<font color=blue>Do you think if I center it and add some washer's to each side it would be OK?</font color=blue>\

I got my toothbar from Carver and it's about 3 washers short. I put the toothbar on slightly offset to one side so I only have to put the washer on one side.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC29D

Hazmat, check out this site to see if it answers your plumbing questions:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/PipeNoises.htm>http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/PipeNoises.htm</A>

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    BX2360/ Kubota SVL90-2/ Kobelco 115SR/ Kubota 161-3

I think they leave the sides short so that there is no question that it will fit inside the bucket,causing less problems and dis-satisfied customers,as a couple of guys have said,most of the pressure is applied to the cutting edge and the bolts are just stopping it from falling off.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New BX2200 4-3-02 (traded 6-08) new B2620 06-08

Well, I will do the washer thing. Plan to be able to remove it at will so I may mount it and then spot weld the washers together with the toothbar so I don't have to fight them everytime I decide to remove and re-install. Thanks to all for the input......
    Tom

Tractor
    Kubota L5460HSTC

bmac &amp; hoiser daddy

thanks for the info &amp; link. It was the shower faucet. Of course last night when I was prepared to take a look at it, it didn't make any noise. I think it sensed that I knew what was wrong with it[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]. If it acts up again, I'll know what to do.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

My toothbar fit perfectly in the bucket but the shoulder bolts they supplied with it have a thicker shoulder than the thickness of the flange on the toothbar + the bucket side. When the nut is tightened against the shoulder of the bolt it is not tight against the bucket and bar mounting flange. I don't know if I should add washers so to take up the gap or just leave it the way it is. The instructions did not address this. What would you do?
    Thanks,

Don, I think I'd just get a different bolt to make it fit right, but adding washers is certainly a viable alternative.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

Thanks, Bird. I have two 1" washers that I bought for this but I was debating whether to use them.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New BX2200 4-3-02 (traded 6-08) new B2620 06-08

Well, I mounted the tooth bar on the loader Saturday. Drilled 2- 3/4" holes in the bucket with a hole saw, added a few washers to fill the gap on each side and tightened up the bolts. Boy, did that make a difference in digging saplings out by the roots and popping rocks out of the ground in the field. Wife is going to have a he11 of a rock garden if I keep digging up rocks.

Sunday, a friend wanted me to help load sand and stone from a pool area they just tore down. I decided we didn't need the tooth bar so we took it off in just a few minutes.

Another great tool in my arsenal.......

Tom

Tractor
    JD 855 4WD, HST

Tom,

How much did the dealer charge you for the tooth bar - if you don't mind my asking? I am very interested in one of these but the Deere guy in my area is not a pleasure to deal with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast