Tooth bar is a little short

/ Tooth bar is a little short #21  
TD, I'm not trying to answer for Tom but I'll be happy to tell you what I paid for mine. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I got one with replaceable tooth caps manufactured by FFC Attachments in IL through Mark Bruckner at KC Canary (1-800-920-7097) for my 61" Deere bucket for $266 plus shipping.

As yours would be an "internet order," you should be exempt from sales tax on the transaction. Mine came UPS so you can probably get an idea on shipping from them. I hope this helps. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Tooth bar is a little short #22  
Yep, had the same problem with mine. I thought that I sent in the wrong measurements. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

Anywho, what I did was to visit my friend and we fashioned up some shims out of steel plate 3/8's I believe. We had to trim the shims (hey a rhyme /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) a little. Once the shims and toothbar fit, the shims were welded to the toothbar.

For myself, I would rather have the shims than the washers. Seems like the 8-10 inches of metal to metal contact would hold up to the stresses placed on the toothbar and FEL bucket.

Terry

/ Tooth bar is a little short #23  
Gary,

Yes I would definitely be going via the internet. Your FEL is 61"? I guess mine is probably the same. I just assumed it would be an even 5'. did your $266.00 include tax also? or did you also get a tax break using the web?

Thanks for the info. That is about the same price my very unfriendly dealer quoted me. I'm not going to give him the pleasure of any of my business (I'll go to another dealer not quite as close).

/ Tooth bar is a little short
I guess I am a trusting soul but I don't know yet. I ordered it a long time ago and when it finally came in the dealer just dropped it off at the house on his way to someplace else I guess. I just found it in my garage last week..... Maybe he felt guilty it took so long.......

Do you call that "toothbar fairy"?

Tom

/ Tooth bar is a little short #25  
TD, initially my invoice had $19.74 in NY sales tax but one toll free phone rectified that. I explained that I was exempt on three levels; the transaction was internet and therefore exempt; I am not a NY resident and therefore not subject to their tax on an item made in IL and delievered directly to me in IN; I am a licensed reseller. Mark agreed with me and just today I got my $19.74 credit ticket showing the credit back to my Visa card. I'd suggest you mention this to him so they won't charge it at the beginning.

/ Tooth bar is a little short #26  
Thanks Gary,

I will be sure and mention the tax when I order the toothbar (with CFO clearance). I don't wish to give the government any more money than I absolutely have to. I'm quirky that way. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif