Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player?

/ Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player? #1  

CAB/AIR5225

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 John Deere 5065M
I saw these at Orshelens the other day and was wondering if anyone else has tried them. After selling my cab tractor and then getting on an open station, I forgot how loud a diesel can be after a couple of hours.

/ Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player? #2  
i use them but i only use 1 ear need to hear sound for any prob when mowing.

/ Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player? #3  
I wear an ear muff setup that has a shield (think they're made for chain saw). I wear them backwards when driving the tractor but put them on with the shield in front while running my chipper/shredder. They considerably muffle the sound but still let enough through to detect any changes that might be a problem. MUCH better than ear plugs.

I've had stapes replaced in both ears; so, I'm very protective of my ears.

No way I'd play music or other muffling noise. Need to know what's happening for safety.

Ralph

/ Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player? #4  
I have the John Deere noise cancelling headphones and they work very nicely.. When turned on it cancels/offsets (muffles greatly) most of the engine noise BUT it does allow you to hear the engine and/or implement to tell if something happens..

I would highly recommend them.. AND they have a plug for your ipod/mp3 player if that is important..

Brian

/ Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player? #5  
I use a nice big set of ear-muff style headphones plugged into my fender mounted radio.. or a mp3 player.. works decent.. mine has a volume control inline.. so it's easy to make adjustments.. even in bumpy pasture..

soundguy

/ Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player? #6  
I have the WorkTunes ear muffs. Matter of fact, I just glanced over my shoulder to see if they're in their spot...My aunt & uncle bought me a pair of them alittle over a year ago. I use them every time I'm on my tractor or lawn mower. I haven't changed the batteries yet, but think I might because I'm starting to hear a good bit of static.

I've been wanting to figure out how to get my Apple iPod to play, using the WorkTunes but just haven't had time to look into it.

Travis R

/ Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player? #7  
I have a set of the older worktunes headset, no mp3 input and an analog tuner. It has worked well for several years. It is a little trouble tuning it to different stations, but plays well otherwise. I think the new one with digital tuner and aux. input would be nice. I also think they specifically limit the volume of the sound available in these units, for safety and for your hearing protection. I know mine and some friends of mine play loud enough to be satisfying but not so loud as to be obnoxious. (i guess that would negate the use of hearing protection wouldn't it?)

/ Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player? #8  
I use worktunes as well. I find no problem in being able to hear enough tractor noise to detect a problem. Mine is an older set also with analog tuning. I soon realized how sick I got of commercials after riding the tractor for 3 hours and installed a 12 outlet on the dash for one of those plug in MP3 players that uses a thumb drive. Now I have endless hours of commercial free music of my choice.

/ Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player? #9  
I had a set with analogue tuning and I got tired of the tuning changing whenever I brushed a tree or branch. Also the tuning would change with changing headset temperatures. Going from the house to the heating of the sun or passing into the shade for a while would detune it.
I got a set with digital tuning and they are much better.

/ Anyone use WorkTunes hearing protection/mp3 player? #10  
I've used a set of Bose Quiet Comfort II headphones for about 7 or 8 years now when mowing on my ZTR diesel Grasshopper mowers. I liked them so well that, after blowing a couple hundred bucks on other cheaper brands, I bought my wife a set as well several years ago. They have at least as many hours of use on them as my Grasshopper mowers because they are pretty well standard equipment for us when we mow. The one time I mowed without them when I bought my first Grasshopper I noticed that my ears were ringing a bit after I mowed for about 6 hours. I've heard several times that if your ears ring afterwords, it's too loud.

None of the cheaper setups worked well or were as comfortable. That makes the Bose QC2 headphones not really that expensive when they work well and last so long. My older Grasshopper has something like 1600 or 1800 hours on it and the headphones have been in use just about that entire time besides other normal use. After trying so many others, including "WorkTunes", I wouldn't consider anything else now.