dumb question

/ dumb question #31  
FANTASTIC Tractor Safety Suit Bpattie,...I love it! If you operate an Open Station tractor, in the "rain", I would think seriously about having a good quality "Lightening-Rod" installed on the top centre of the helmet. Of course you'll have to install a "drag-strap" on your tow bar for a "ground". The mouthpiece should otta keep the bugs outta yer teeth also! Ha,ha,..Beautiful!!

But seriously guys,..Bpattie and Mid-South, I apologize for any misunderstanding of the meaning of your posts. And anyone else who feels I offended them or if I came across as sarcastic or beligerant,......Please know it was NOT intended.

Just take my word for the fact that for what-ever-reason, I actually witnessed or more often had occasion to either attend the scene or viewed the photos of some pretty sad and gruesome situations. A couple of incidents I watched in frozen horror and heard the screams,........you NEVER forget.

I take tractor (and equipment) safety,...."extremely-seriously",..can't help it!

I realize I tend to go overboard sometimes and I apologize if it gets boring but everytime I read of somebody (not always a newbie) doing something that may strike me as "careless, dangerous, silly,...or downright stupid",...I just get the urge to grab him and yell some common sense right down his throat!!

It is extremely difficult to smile, turn away and hope he smartens up before he gets hurt,...or his youngster "passenger" gets hurt,.....God forbid!!!

Anyway please excuse me,....I'll try to button my yap a while. I really do enjoy this forum and there is plenty of reading to do without my posting every time. TAKE CARE and please have a SAFE-TRACTORING-SUMMER boys & girls.
CHEERS !
. . tug

/ dumb question #32  
dnj1965: Well hello!! Sorry, I just noticed you are a newcomer and want you to know that the "WELCOME IN" sign is up and lit. Thanks for the post and the very interesting, scary and extremely painful looking item! WOW-eee,..Ouch, ouch,..can't get my legs uncrossed!!

When about to make "any" adjustments or even quick inspections of "anything" relative to that "dangerous-PTO",.......thoughts of your post,..."SHOULD" make us "all" shut the engine OFF,...not just disengage the PTO.

I doubt that fella will EVER step over a PTO shaft, again,,,running or NOT!!!!

Thanks for that dnj1965,....enjoy the forum, you and your wife should find some value here!
. . . tug

Last edited:
   / dumb question #33  
Thanks Tug.

Been lurking for a while and the amount of quality information on Tractobynet is astounding. The signal-to-noise ratio on these pages is really high and everyone here has a lot to be proud of.

Sorry for the mini thread-jack. Back to your regularly scheduled ROPS debate!

dnj