ford 2600

/ ford 2600 #1  

mooneye777

First time tractor owner. I have inherited a ford 2600 mid 70's tractor and will have a few questions over the next few weeks, please be patient I have never driven a tractor before. My first question is, How do you know if its deisel or gas fuel. I need to change the fuel as its been sitting 5 years now. Thatnk in advance for any help.

/ ford 2600 #2  
If it has spark plugs and wires leading from the distributer plastic cap, then it's gas. If it has solid tube lines going from a steel head to the head then it is diesel.

/ ford 2600
A big "D" on the cap of the fuel tank was what tipped me off. :D

Thanks for the insight everyone I can now figure that one out, as for the big D on the gas cap. Being 34 years old it has a chance it was possibly changed. The funny part is when I try and drive it. Ive got no idea how it even starts, what lever is the actual forward reverse, but I will figure it out eventually. Could make some good youtube footage though!!!!!!!

/ ford 2600 #6  
smile.gif

smile.gif

First time tractor owner. I have inherited a ford 2600 mid 70's tractor and will have a few questions over the next few weeks, please be patient I have never driven a tractor before. My first question is, How do you know if its deisel or gas fuel. I need to change the fuel as its been sitting 5 years now. Thanks in advance for any help.
smile.gif
If it has spark plugs it's gas.
smile.gif