Clutch Life Expecancy in Hours

/ Clutch Life Expecancy in Hours #21  
Seems most of these post are from 2009, about the time I had the clutch replaced in my Farmtrac 665. It had about 300 hours on it at that time. Now, at 825 hours the clutch is toast again. Same symptoms as the first time I had trouble, clutch will not dis-engage. Not like a clutch worn out but just locked up somehow. I thought I'd do a little trouble shooting and slipped it into lowest gear while running at the lowest possible RPM, then while at higher rpm, moving down the road I engaged the clutch fully then put on the breaks. The tractor stopped and kept running, sounded bogged down but still it convinced me that the clutch was not just stuck together.
I need to find a dealer, anyone know a dealer near Victoria Texas that will work on this Farmtrac?
Sounds like the prior fix did not address a root cause. See if you can find an independent tractor mechanic who has some experience with clutch problems. It could be simply a poor batch of clutch discs got into the supply line. If the disc metal itself is undamaged it can be professionally relined quite effectively. You just need to find somebody that has a history and knows who to trust and how to finally set the clutch up right.
larry

/ Clutch Life Expecancy in Hours #23  
almost sounds like a seized bearing

Seems most of these post are from 2009, about the time I had the clutch replaced in my Farmtrac 665. It had about 300 hours on it at that time. Now, at 825 hours the clutch is toast again. Same symptoms as the first time I had trouble, clutch will not dis-engage. Not like a clutch worn out but just locked up somehow. I thought I'd do a little trouble shooting and slipped it into lowest gear while running at the lowest possible RPM, then while at higher rpm, moving down the road I engaged the clutch fully then put on the breaks. The tractor stopped and kept running, sounded bogged down but still it convinced me that the clutch was not just stuck together.
I need to find a dealer, anyone know a dealer near Victoria Texas that will work on this Farmtrac?

/ Clutch Life Expecancy in Hours #24  
   / Clutch Life Expecancy in Hours #25  
The last tractor dealership head mechanic that I talked with mentioned that a Kubota clutch can last from about 1000 to 10,000 hours depending on use.

He said that the hardest thing on clutch-equipped tractors was FEL use.

/ Clutch Life Expecancy in Hours #26  
The last tractor dealership head mechanic that I talked with mentioned that a Kubota clutch can last from about 1000 to 10,000 hours depending on use.

He said that the hardest thing on clutch-equipped tractors was FEL use.

Absolutely. You keep pushing into the pile to get a bucket full and slip the clutch while you curl it back.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Clutch Life Expecancy in Hours #27  
Absolutely. You keep pushing into the pile to get a bucket full and slip the clutch while you curl it back.
Thats if you want to be changing clutches.
larry

/ Clutch Life Expecancy in Hours #28  
Thats if you want to be changing clutches.
larry

Oh, absolutely! But keeping the pressure on the bucket during the curl is how you get it full and how the vast majority are going to do it. It's also why the previous statement was made that nothing is harder on a clutch than a FEL.

/ Clutch Life Expecancy in Hours #29  
Truly. Many - many clutchings. But there are ways to avoid abuse. Use of lo range gearing and shortterm wheelspin instead of clutch slip while filling the bucket is very effective. I have 1200 hrs on the 7520 ... ~1000 is loader work
larry