Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab

/ Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab #1  

FRIZ

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4720 Cab
I went to the Kubota dealer today to test drive a B3030 with cab. I am interested in one as I want to mow the lawn in the comfort of a cab with A/C. And maybe in the future to snow-blow as well, but no concrete plans yet. The only tractor I know is the JD 4720 with cab. Obviously one cannot compare the B3030 with the JD 4720. The price points of these two tractors are not even in the same universe.

The B3030 felt solid like a work horse which is far more capable then its size would suggest. I am a big guy and I felt comfortable in the cab. All the controls were at the right place. The A/C did a great job.

The engine noise is far more disturbing in the cab then what I am used to. And I am used to an automatic throttle which is not an option for the B3030. Also, my tush is spoiled from the JD痴 air ride seat.

So I am frustrated because I have not found what I am looking for yet.:(

/ Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab #2  
I've had one for a couple years now and like it.I can appreciate your desire for a more perfect unit.I don't find the noise objectionable as I like to hear the machine and attachments working,just in case something goes wrong.Maybe you should post this in the Kubota forum for more opinions?I've actually thought about starting a thread about how many cab tractor owners have sound systems vs those that don't.

/ Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab #3  
I have the B3030 cab and find the suspension seat a big improvement over the non suspension seat on my previous tractor. Guess it depends what you are comparing to.
And I have no sound system, except for that diesel rap.:D.

/ Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab #4  
I normally try and sell a radio with every tractor with a cab. When talking with the customers they all get a radio later!

Biggest complaint is they are to quite compared to the non-cab units they had before.

/ Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab #5  
I normally try and sell a radio with every tractor with a cab. When talking with the customers they all get a radio later!

Biggest complaint is they are to quite compared to the non-cab units they had before.

I guess you mean 'too quiet'. It is quieter with the cab but still get the hydraulic whine when working hard.
Several months with mine and still no temptation to get a sound system. I haven't even taken my iPod with me on the tractor.

/ Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab #6  
Check out the grand l 3240 cab model.

/ Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab #7  
You probably will want a 3240hstc. It will cost about 2k more than the 3030 but well worth the cost. If you liked the 3030 you will love the 3240...

/ Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab #8  
I went through this a couple of years ago. After test driving both the Kubota B3030 Cab and John Deere 3720 Cab tractors there was no problem for me deciding which one. The 3720 was way more quieter and ergonomic plus the Kubota dealer wouldn't budge much from msrp. I was looking for less hp than 3720 but the JD dealer had it in stock and gave about 18% off list.
My best advice is to test drive and price both before deciding.

/ Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab
   / Test drive: Kubota B3030 cab #10  
you can get a better seat. Cost me $400 more I think. Its a great seat though, no complaints. Neil Messick posted about it way back.