New Holland vs Kubota 35 to 45 PTO HP

/ New Holland vs Kubota 35 to 45 PTO HP #1  

bakerstreet46

Can not decide between a Kubota or a New Holland. Any negative or positive input about either? The Kubota will be between a 4400hst and a 4740hstplus The New Holland will be a 3040hst with a quick release and maybe a 3045hst. Most likely because of price between Kubota 4400hst and New Holland 3040hst

/ New Holland vs Kubota 35 to 45 PTO HP #2  
Have you driven both tractors? I'd say to drive them both and look at dealer reputation. Whichever you decide, you'll be happy. What appeals to you is far more important than what appeals to me.

/ New Holland vs Kubota 35 to 45 PTO HP #3  
I can say mostly good things aboout the L4400HST I would reccomend the extendable arms on the 3pt hitch(yes they are available). The only bad thing that I can think of is the rollback angle on the LA703 loader bucket is low meaning it does not roll back far enough. It has plenty of power for my 6 foot medium duty rotary brush cutter, 7 foot box blade and 7 foot scraper. though I would get a 6 foot box blade the 7 foot sets farther out than the wheels and gets caught on trees.

/ New Holland vs Kubota 35 to 45 PTO HP #4  
I would say that the answer in part depends on how you are going to use the tractor. I was comparing the KX to a New Holland TT, primarily for pasture mowing. The KX needs to be run full throttle to make 640 rpm PTO. The TT does it loafing along at 1900 rpm (as does the Kubota M series).

OTOH, the TT is louder than the M series.

Go to a dealer that handles both lines and get them to give you a side by side comparison. You may see some things that you would have missed if you were looking at tractors at two different dealers.

Ken

/ New Holland vs Kubota 35 to 45 PTO HP #5  
I would say that the answer in part depends on how you are going to use the tractor. I was comparing the KX to a New Holland TT, primarily for pasture mowing. The KX needs to be run full throttle to make 640 rpm PTO. The TT does it loafing along at 1900 rpm (as does the Kubota M series).

OTOH, the TT is louder than the M series.

Go to a dealer that handles both lines and get them to give you a side by side comparison. You may see some things that you would have missed if you were looking at tractors at two different dealers.

Ken

540 RPM :D

/ New Holland vs Kubota 35 to 45 PTO HP #6  
Depending on what type of work you would be doing would make a big difference. To be doing a lot of digging you don't have to dig to far here on this board to find a lot of chassis failures on NH tractors with loaders and backhoes.