When you think it could be better!!

/ When you think it could be better!! #1  

Propjob

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2305
Well yesterday I decided to horse around with the tractor at my Mothers place. I wanted to move an old pile in the field that had some brush and bags of old material to be burnt. The field appeared to be dry until I got below the garden and dug into the pile with the FEL. This sunk the front wheels into the mud, All I could do was spin when I try'd backing up.
Well, to top it off, I had uncovered a nest of angry yellow jackets and got stung! Believe it or not just once. In my hurry to evacuate, (not that type!) I shut down the Ign., set the brake and got my shoelace caught on one of the controls as I tryed to jump off, causing me to trip.:eek:
As things appeared to quite down, I was able to push my seat forward to keep dry and said the HECK with this until another day.
I awoke this morning, knowing that we were going to see more rain and this might be my one shot for a while. I decided to pull the tractor out with my P/U truck and Grade 70 chains. I started at 7AM, hoping the bees were quite Needless to say the bees were still there but were less mad. Trying to pull a small 2305 up a hill is not a fun task on muddy terrain. The tires just spun on the truck, and getting on the tractor to operate it was not going to happen. Finally I hooked a cumalong to the tractor and spent an hour getting it away from the pile and the Yellow jackets. Took a couple of pictures for the memory and wanted to share. And now, a better day and stiil one bee sting. (and maybe a little bit smarter)
PropJob

Attachments

• DSC_0338.jpg
    DSC_0338.jpg
    775.8 KB · Views: 551
  • DSC_0339.jpg
    DSC_0339.jpg
    777.6 KB · Views: 647
  • DSC_0340.jpg
    DSC_0340.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 384
   / When you think it could be better!! #2  
Did you not try using the bucket curl trick to push the tractor in reverse? Or would that have gotten the yj's all stirred up again?? At least you got it out with the come-a-long.

One other comment.... The way the hydraulic lines for the FEL are hanging down so low on the righthand side, I would be afraid of them getting hooked on something and ripped off. (see middle pic) Does that not concern you?

/ When you think it could be better!!
No couldn't curl it, because it was on pile which would have caused Them to attack. Thanks on noticing the hoses, I will check the loader manual.
JIM

/ When you think it could be better!! #4  
Just a thought . If you had left the deere idle in spot for 10 min. the bees would have left. Diesel exhaust and bees don't mix.

During that 10 min I would have filled a spray bottle with diesel fuel and defended my tractor.

EPA don't bother responding ! I don't drink the cool aid.!

What a reason to learn about the habits of Yellow jackets!!!

/ When you think it could be better!! #6  
Atleast you had seat time on the bad day. looks slick in there. I noticed the logs under the back tires. I whould have drove ontop of then and set a 2x4 under its back tire. Then you use the differential lock and drive out. Here is a picture I drew that wont make you feel so bad. Oh, and come see this thread Pictures of you on your tractor - TractorByNet.com

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    971.3 KB · Views: 273
   / When you think it could be better!! #7  
   / When you think it could be better!! #8  
Well yesterday I decided to horse around with the tractor at my Mothers place. I wanted to move an old pile in the field that had some brush and bags of old material to be burnt. The field appeared to be dry until I got below the garden and dug into the pile with the FEL. This sunk the front wheels into the mud, All I could do was spin when I try'd backing up.
Well, to top it off, I had uncovered a nest of angry yellow jackets and got stung! Believe it or not just once. In my hurry to evacuate, (not that type!) I shut down the Ign., set the brake and got my shoelace caught on one of the controls as I tryed to jump off, causing me to trip.:eek:
As things appeared to quite down, I was able to push my seat forward to keep dry and said the HECK with this until another day.
I awoke this morning, knowing that we were going to see more rain and this might be my one shot for a while. I decided to pull the tractor out with my P/U truck and Grade 70 chains. I started at 7AM, hoping the bees were quite Needless to say the bees were still there but were less mad. Trying to pull a small 2305 up a hill is not a fun task on muddy terrain. The tires just spun on the truck, and getting on the tractor to operate it was not going to happen. Finally I hooked a cumalong to the tractor and spent an hour getting it away from the pile and the Yellow jackets. Took a couple of pictures for the memory and wanted to share. And now, a better day and stiil one bee sting. (and maybe a little bit smarter)
PropJob

I would use the BH on my BX23 to drag the stuff out onto more solid ground then scoop it up with the FEL.

/ When you think it could be better!! #9  
Turf tires and soft ground don't go well together:(
You lucked out with only one sting. My son and I were clearing timber and he got hit 7 times from Yellow Jackets. I've never seen a 16 year old run that fast! :D

Awesome Picture JD3720!!!! Thanks! yes turfs are not the best for that situaion. I guess I just wanted to play. The big factor in this adventure was the bees, They were in control. All's well that ends well!
JIM