Hats

/ Hats #21  
I just want to make everybody aware off another problem from the sun. I go back to the VA today for a Freckle in my eye. Two day search they say the freckle may be melanoma.

/ Hats #24  
Straw hat for me. Bought two of them a few months ago. Used to always be just a baseball cap but ears always got burned.

/ Hats #25  
I guess mine is called a breezer. It has a solid top, mesh sides and a solid wide brim. I wear it on the tractor and whenever in the boat.

/ Hats #26  
Up in the morning and looking outside you see it's gonna be a hot/bright sunny day...You've got a lot of field to work...What hat are you gonna wear to help keep the sun out? Cowboy? Ball cap? Other? (Canopies don't count):D

Don

Ball cap or Aussie bush hat.

If I'm going to be out in the field tractorin' for more than a little while, a bandana or towel around the back of the neck.

And most important, a good pair of wrap around shades to delay the onset of eye cataracts.

/ Hats #27  
I've always just worn a ball cap, but after reading this thread, I think I will go hat shopping. Thanks a lot guys. One more expense.:D

/ Hats #28  
Here's what I usually wear:
Columbia Performance Fishing Gear Omni-Shade
s7_955945_renderset_01

It's lightweight, has a sweatband on the inside, and it keeps the sun off my ears and neck.

/ Hats #29  
I also got too much sun in my youth and had a couple of small skin cancer spots diagnosed and removed when I was in my thirties.

For me it's a wide brim hat, specifically a Tilley model T4. It goes everywhere I go.
Tilley Endurables - The Finest Hats and Travel Clothing in the World

I also have a couple of the white long sleeve shirt/jacket things with a high SPF rating. I prefer a mechanical sun protection solution over the chemical sun screens that you put on your skin.

/ Hats #30  
I wear a ball cap with a bandanna hanging out the back covering my neck and ears

tom