Pictures of you on your tractor

/ Pictures of you on your tractor #101  
Sorry I was more or less at the origin of this controversy with the tactless pictures of the family on the tractor. I just thought they would look much better than myself.
Of course it was just a fun ride, the tractor was not used for any serious job, not even running in some cases. We are perfectly conscious of the danger involved and I rather tend to be over-cautious.
But we believe the best policy is education. We want our children acquainted with the machines from an early age and very clear as to what they can and can't do around or on the equipment.
That's the way my father taught me, the way my neighbours raise their kids, the way I taught my own children and am now teaching my grand children. They have all become tractor lovers.

/ Pictures of you on your tractor #102  
I was surprised that nobody gave me a hard time about having what was then, my kids, on the fenders of the Duetz tractor, but I guess everybody knew it was staged, since I had my hands on the dogs, and not driving. However, I really was just driving with no hands, which was why the dogs needed holding, as they would sit there all day while the tractor wasn't moving, but the larger one would want to jump off if the tractor was moving and I wasn't holding him.
David from jax

/ Pictures of you on your tractor #103  
This is the second post I've regretted posting. Was super late at night and I posted without thinking about the consequences.

For the record, I gave the mini-boss a ride in the bucket. Is it dangerous, yes. Is letting her ride her quad dangerous, yup. Letting her ride her minibike with training wheels, yup. Letting her go sledding, yup. Swinging on the swingset, yup. Riding her bike, yup. Letting her go swiming, yup. Letting her do flips into the pool, yup. Letting her eat food that she can choke on like spagetti, yup (911 call on that one).

Not sure what the answer is. Do I want to hurt her, nope. Do I want her to have fun, yup. Do I want her to fear experiences, nope. Do I want her to be safe, yup.

I asked the moderator to delete my post but I guess that's not done, and probably defeats the purpose of an effective forum.

Am I as safe as I should be, nope. Do I always practice what I preach, nope.

Am I perfect, nope.

I do regret posting the personal photos, sorry for those I've gotten worked up.

Highspeed internet, in and of it's self is dangerous.

For the record the goose was cool.

The safety reminders are always appreciated. The personal attacks on my lack of intelligence not so much.

Joel

/ Pictures of you on your tractor #104  
My take on the whole brouhaha???

The "safety police" at times go overboard..
That said, comments taking note of safety issues can be helpful. Calling someone stupid, or their actions stupid is not.

/ Pictures of you on your tractor #105  
I remember sitting on the tractor with my grandfather when I young. We made one trip around the field and I was bored to tears. So I got off the tractor and walked the 1/2 mile back to the house. I might have been 5 at the time.

I dont have pictures of me on my tractor. Being single and all. Also my tractor isn't very photogenic, with the hood missing and things pretty rusty and all. But it runs and gets the job done.

Wedge

/ Pictures of you on your tractor #106  
You know what fellas, I think the good news is everybody is talking and thinking about it (the kids and tractors thing). I don't have kids, but I sure think it makes sense to be safe but not to over shelter them. My nieces and nephews are all city kids and just love visiting "uncle Jim's farm." I am super careful to be safe but we still ride the quad, canoe, take hay rides, shoot the pellet gun, pet the farm animals etc. I've let the older ones "use" the tractor (sit in the seat, drive a few feet forward and back, dump a bucket that I'd filled and lifted and with a million supervisors right by). The city and country are both so full of dangers, just different ones.

That said, we would never let the kids ride in the bucket. I could never live with an accident God forbid one happened. But I would not think twice about a few posed pictures.

More pics of you on tractors please!!:D:D

/ Pictures of you on your tractor #107  
It's a rare moment! Normally I'm operating the camera but this time I needed to operate the tractor too so I handed the camera off to the Scout Master. We're helping with an Eagle Scout project in town. It will be a bandshell and we dug the holes for the posts with an auger I borrowed from a neighbor. The framing is now complete and ready for deck boards.
628211809_TyVTc-L-1.jpg

/ Pictures of you on your tractor #108  
. I just thought they would look much better than myself.

Nothing against you or the great kids...but frankly you have me a little curious as to what the colored handles control and what appears to be mounted on the back left of the tractor. I bet a picture of it (with no people :) )posted to the Attachments discussion would be neat...
Have a great day

/ Pictures of you on your tractor #109  
   / Pictures of you on your tractor #110  
You have the answer: hydraulic hedge trimmer. I have about a kilometre of hedges of various types on my small property and my arms are no longer what they used to be! It's not very easy to use. You must find the right engine rpm that will give enough flow for the hydraulic engine without making the tractor too fast in A1. The long arm makes it very sensitive to any bump or hole in the ground and your reactions on the coloured handles (mine at least) often aren't quick enough. The branches are not as neatly cut as they are when you cut them by hand. The blade is 1.50 metre long and my hedges have grown up to 4 or 5 metres wide, so there are small problems in the center. But it does a very acceptable job and saves an enormous amount of time and effort. :)

Attachments

• DSCF1209 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1209 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF1211 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1211 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCF1243 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1243 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 313
  • DSCF1364 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1364 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG