Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    284
    Location
    Blair, NE
    Tractor
    3038E

    Default Re: Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

    3038e with 305, Pallet Forks, RC2060, BB2072, SB2064. I love it, my only complaint is I have had 2 hydro leaks one on the SB and one at the rear hydraulics for the SB. Other than that its a lightweight powrhouse.

  2. #12
    Veteran Member JDGreenGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,578
    Location
    Maine
    Tractor
    John Deere 770

    Default Re: Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by TGF View Post
    3038e with 305, Pallet Forks, RC2060, BB2072, SB2064. I love it, my only complaint is I have had 2 hydro leaks one on the SB and one at the rear hydraulics for the SB. Other than that its a lightweight powrhouse.
    Could you tell more of your leaks.??

    Exactly where were the 2 leaks.??

    Are they both fixed now and who did the work.??
    JD770 '92 4x4 SMC FEL JD Ballast Box 6' CountyLine Back Blade 6' CountyLine Rake CountyLine CarryAll
    64" Frontier Snowblower

    Favorite Color....Green

    The sky was yellow and the sun was blue.

  3. #13
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    284
    Location
    Blair, NE
    Tractor
    3038E

    Default Re: Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by JDGreenGrass View Post
    Could you tell more of your leaks.??

    Exactly where were the 2 leaks.??

    Are they both fixed now and who did the work.??
    I got the rear hydraulic package on my tractor. The first leak was on the line that runs strait up to the rear hydro from the three point. At the factory some of the enamel had run onto the lip where the washer sits that makes the seal, and it was leaking around that dollop of paint. I had to take it to the dealer to get it fixed, it need parts, and was under warranty they wanted me to bring it in.

    The other leak was on the snow blower not the tractor itself. It was where the hose screwed into the QC fitting. The guys that assembled it did not use Teflon tape on the flare fitting, I went a head and unscrewed it then tapped it up. To be honest I have heard you aren't supposed to use tape on flare fittings but when I don't they leak, when I do, they don't leak. Go figure.

    While both leaks are fixed, I consider them both to be the dealers fault, not John Deere's so I guess my complaint would be about the dealer. It seems to me they do not test all functionality or have been skipping stuff on the pre-delivery check list.

    The dealer would probably say we fixed everything you should be happy, however, I hate, HATE, hauling my tractor around. Its a big production loading it up and strapping it down.

    My two cents.

  4. #14
    Advertiser kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,866
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

    Default Re: Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by TGF View Post
    The guys that assembled it did not use Teflon tape on the flare fitting, I went a head and unscrewed it then tapped it up. To be honest I have heard you aren't supposed to use tape on flare fittings but when I don't they leak, when I do, they don't leak. Go figure.
    Actually, your not supposed to use tape at all in hydraulic systems A PTFE past is recommended.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com



    Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

    Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

    Visit our YouTube Channel

  5. #15
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    284
    Location
    Blair, NE
    Tractor
    3038E

    Default Re: Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    Actually, your not supposed to use tape at all in hydraulic systems A PTFE past is recommended.
    I have PTFE as well, I will start using that, I just like how clean tape is.

  6. #16
    Advertiser kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,866
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

    Default Re: Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by TGF View Post
    I have PTFE as well, I will start using that, I just like how clean tape is.
    The problem is that small bits of the tape can get into the system fouling small orifice's and PRV's (pressure relief valves)
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com



    Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

    Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

    Visit our YouTube Channel

  7. #17
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    284
    Location
    Blair, NE
    Tractor
    3038E

    Default Re: Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    The problem is that small bits of the tape can get into the system fouling small orifice's and PRV's (pressure relief valves)
    The place that put these together used nothing on the fittings, they were bone dry.

  8. #18
    Advertiser kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,866
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

    Default Re: Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by TGF View Post
    The place that put these together used nothing on the fittings, they were bone dry.
    Makes sense to me...you said they are "flare fittings", but they are really called JIC fittings, and do not require any sealant.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com



    Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

    Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

    Visit our YouTube Channel

  9. #19
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    284
    Location
    Blair, NE
    Tractor
    3038E

    Default Re: Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
    Makes sense to me...you said they are "flare fittings", but they are really called JIC fittings, and do not require any sealant.
    yet they were so tight i think a guerrilla put them on and they still leaked.

  10. #20
    Advertiser kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,866
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

    Default Re: Any John Deere 3032 E Owners Out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by TGF View Post
    yet they were so tight i think a guerrilla put them on and they still leaked.
    They probably overtightened them then...damaging the face seal. You may have problems with the others in the future They only need to be a good "snug" to seal properly.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com



    Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

    Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

    Visit our YouTube Channel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.