Tires Any way to tell if tires are filled?

/ Any way to tell if tires are filled? #1  

rwinter

Tractor
JD 4720
I recently acquired a used tractor and am not sure to tell if tires are filled with Rimguard or some other fluid. I assume I can just touch the valve stem and it only air comes out, they are not filled and if some liquid comes out, then they are. Does that make sense or is it more complex?

/ Any way to tell if tires are filled? #2  
It's that simple. Just make sure the valve stem is at or near the 6 O clock position.

/ Any way to tell if tires are filled? #3  
It's that simple. Just make sure the valve stem is at or near the 6 O clock position.

If liquid comes out roll tire till valve stem is at 12:00 and put air in to clean out valve stem seal.

tom

/ Any way to tell if tires are filled? #4  
I can tell whether and how much a tire is filled just by slapping the sidewall with an open hand. The filled portion gives a dull thud, the empty (air only) portion has a distinct ring to it.

/ Any way to tell if tires are filled? #5  
Do the liguid test that you described at 6:00,4:00,3:00, positions. The position that air starts coming out is the top of the liquid level. It should be about to the top of the rim to allow an air space for cushion and not raise your center of gravity.