Credit where credit is due!

/ Credit where credit is due! #1  

Curt

Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 1215
My new loader arrived three weeks ago, and I want to give credit to the guys on the forum. I have been lurking since last fall and everybody convinced me that I really needed one. The final trigger was the delivery of a humungous pile of topsoil that we needed to build up the sides of a newly paved driveway. I could have used my dirt scoop, I suppose, but I remembered all the lists and pictures of loader jobs and "want" overcame "need." The best part is that my wife and helper, Kitty, was almost as enthusiastic as I was after she saw how much dirt I had moved (less wheekbarrow work for her), even though I didn't have a clue about what I was doing . I have already identified enough jobs that, given the pace at which I work, will last a lifetime.

I want to thank everybody here for all the knowledge and confidence you have given me over many months. Even though I have a "minority" red tractor, the operating tips are universal and really useful. I hope that someday I will be able to make a contribution that proves helpful.

/ Credit where credit is due! #2  
Welcome, Curt! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Nice to have you sign on after "lurking" for awhile! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

<font color=blue>"I hope that someday I will be able to make a contribution that proves helpful."</font color=blue>

You already have made a contribution! Think about it. By posting your comments about your loader, you might very well have provided the deciding factor for someone else who was in the same situation that you were! Don't ever be afraid to think about posting something that you think might be helpful. Chances are better than average that it will be helpful, and if somehow it isn't, so what? No one on TBN is going to rag on you about it!

Now, you should know what's coming next, right? Pictures! Where are they? Get us some good pictures of your "minority" red tractor and new loader! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Credit where credit is due! #3  
Curt,
Just went through the same thing when I purchased my new B7500. Do I need a loader... I said "Honey, do you think this list of 20 items justifies the cost of a FEL?" I fell over when my wife said "Yes!". I had several family members telling me "You are a fool to purchase a loader" and "It will sit in the corner of your barn after the first six months because you will have nothing to use it for!" Now it's amazing that they all have projects which could use MY LOADER! Every day I find another use for the FEL. It just so happens the main reason I bought the FEL was exactly the same reason you did... about 8 yards of topsoil to be installed along new asphalt driveway edges. I have not started mine yet, but let me know how it goes. Unfortunately, I will be up and down off the loader 'cause nobody will be there to help me unload the bucket... yet I will be the first one there to help them. I only wish I'd bought the tractor and FEL before I had shoveled and wheelbarrowed 12 yards of CA-6, and 6 yards of #6 washed stone, etc... I guess I'll never learn. Hey, do you think the family will mind signing a time IN sheet when I pull up on THEIR job, and signing it OUT again when I leave? After all, they wouldn't want me to OVERBILL them, would they?

/ Credit where credit is due! #4  
Robertm,

You have clearly made the right decision by getting the loader. There is NO doubt in my very humble opinion (IMHO) that this is the single most useful impelment you'll ever get. A backhoe too would be infinitely useful but I can't quite convince the boss that I need this yet.

/ Credit where credit is due! #5  
<font color=blue>"A backhoe too would be infinitely useful but I can't quite convince the boss that I need this yet."</font color=blue>

TD, all you need to do is tell her that I have one and you have BH envy. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif I'm sure that would do it. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Tell her I'm getting too far ahead in implement race and you need to narrow the gap. I'm sure that logic will impress her. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Credit where credit is due! #6  
I bought a loader for my tractor. Happens to be a B7500 HST. I bought a quick attach because I figured to be taking it off and on. I find it to much more handy with it on than off. So it hasn't come off once since I got it.

/ Credit where credit is due! #7  
Mine is a quick attach, too. It didn't say anything about being a quick remove so it's on to stay. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

All kidding aside, I need it for ballast when I have my backhoe on (which has been all summer digging out stumps). I figure it doesn't hurt much to leave it on when I'm mowing so I just leave it.

/ Credit where credit is due!
Golfgar4

Thanks for the kind words of welcome. They are much appreciated. I have been following you through the forums and my major worry is that when you get your new tractor your golf game will be compromised.

I'm really weak in the photography department, but I'll see what I can do.

Curt

/ Credit where credit is due! #9  
<font color=blue>"...my major worry is that when you get your new tractor your golf game will be compromised."</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Thanks for the concern, but that just ain't going to happen! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

If you recall from earlier posts, I'll be getting my tractor after I retire (although there have been some developments that have recently occurred that could move it up /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif). I'll be saving Monday afternoons for my golf league (we're in 1st place BTW), and Sundays (after church /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif) for weekly outing with my buds. Other than that, I can tractor to my hearts content. And when there's a little down time in the seat time department, then there'll be a little increase in the swing time department! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

No, the only thing that will compromise my golf game will be when that big divot in the sky covers me up! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Credit where credit is due!
Robertm

Congratulations on your new tractor! It's neat that we have such similiar jobs to do. I do have two strong pieces of advice:

- it's going to take a lot more dirt than you think
- don't let anybody watch the first time.

It is embarrassing when you carry a load across and then dump a shoebox full! Also when you dump when you meant to curl. The second day is a lot easier. Good luck with your project.

Curt