How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question

/ How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question #21  
Re: How are \"Hours\" recorded? And a break-in question

Mike,

I have been told that it is legal to bring in Cuban cigars for personal consumption. What this means is that if you had 5 of them stuffed into your shirt pocket while going through customs you would not be violating any customs laws. If, however you were to bring in a box in your suitcase then this would be a violation.

This is what I've heard in my extensive travels to countries where the Cubans are legal. I will qualify this with "Of course I could be wrong" but that was my understanding.

/ How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question

Absolutely not true. There are no personal use exemptions to the Trading with the Enemy Act. Foreign nationals are allowed to come into the country with some and I think this is where the confusion on this matter comes from.

GS

/ How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question #23  

Garagesmoker,

Thanks for the clarification.

Guess I "accidentally" smuggled some in over the last few years. Oops. I guess ignorance is no excuse.

/ How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question #24  

<font color=blue>"I guess ignorance is no excuse."</font color=blue>

But it is BLISS!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question #25  

It is bliss and I'm just plain used to the ignorance thing.

/ How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question

Yes and it gives you that great look of confidence and guilt-free as you pass through customs. Of course I may have just ruined that for you and for that I apologise.

GS

/ How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question #27  

Tooooo Funnny...... This conversation about Cuban's.....

I have some buddies that were in Canada fishing when 911 happened. One of them had 3 Cubans when crossing back over the border and the Border Cop said "those are nice cigars but you cannot bring them into the Country so I will have to confiscate them". Boy was he pissed and still is. Said "Clinton can soak them and I can't smoke them"......

Tom

/ How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question #28  

Of course he still gets pissed if when I ask him if he thinks the Border Cop enjoy the Cuban's.......

/ How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question #29  

I dont have to worry bout hrs on my tractor. Meter doesnt work! Have paid to have it fixed 3 times, and not but 1 week later...its broke again! Guess something somewhere is making it stay that way! 3 times and you strike out... so guess it not doing any harm. i just keeo a mental time between service intervals and this also is dependant on how hard it is used for different things at different times of the yr. as to how much service it gets.

/ How are "Hours" recorded? And a break-in question #30  

Yes it did. I will no longer be bringing them in as I can't afford to pay for the border agents Cuban cigars.