Mowing am shopping for a pull behind/towable self powered finishing deck mower - need advice

/ am shopping for a pull behind/towable self powered finishing deck mower - need advice #1  

bcbienv

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am about to purchase 6 acres in S. La (Lafayette, La area) and it has a well manecured slope of finished grass, a pond 3/4 acre) and spotches of pecan and water oak trees, and a finished grass 1 acre horse pasture fenced and 3 buildings.

I've never mowed this much space before but have a 26", 22hp Craftsman rider mower (double cut) w/ towable leaf sweeper - it is pretty fast.

I was thinking about buying a towable finishing deck that is self powered and have been researching several brands. I could also pull this with a 4 wheeler or mule type vehicle.

-any brand recommendations and where to buy would be a lot of help -

TOW-Z Wing Finishing Mower - this one looks nice but unsure if I can get it perusing the website..

STANLEY Tow-Behind Finish and Brush Mower with HONDA Engine 52in. Cutting Deck from Northern Tool & Equipment Company at SHOP.COM -this one looks really slick (52" cut but expands w/two folding wings to 100" swath

/ am shopping for a pull behind/towable self powered finishing deck mower - need advice #2  
So what are they using to mow it now? If you are buying the place see if they will toss in their mower for a few bucks more. :D

/ am shopping for a pull behind/towable self powered finishing deck mower - need advice #3  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------I've never mowed this much space before but have a 26",22hp Craftsman rider mower (double cut) w/ towable leaf sweeper - it is pretty fast.
26 inches ?
I've never heard of such a narrow lawn tractor .
How can 26'' be fast? It will take you forever with that!

/ am shopping for a pull behind/towable self powered finishing deck mower - need advice #4  
You are going to find that mowing with a towable mower is more of a pain then getting the right sized mower. How much of it do you want to maintain. Sometimes justs upgrading to a larger machine with belly mower or rear finishing mower makes much more sense operating cost wise. Your feul cost will triple or more when using a smaller disposable tractors and will not last as long.

Let me illustrate. When I first started out here- I bought a used cheapo lawn tractor to mow 2 acres with 40" deck, My fuel costs were high but I didnt know how high was too high since I had no choice. I was burning 5 gallons or more a week of gasoline just for mowing. Then when winter comes- I used a snowblower and had an extra motor to maintain plus a place to keep both mower and blower in place. Now I have a BX series kubota and it uses 4-5 gallons every 2 weeks for everything- means mowing, tilling, plowing, dirt moving, backhoe work, spraying, firewood moving etc. It really made a difference in my pocket fuel cost wise, plus I only had one machine to maintain all year around and loving it. Diesel type tractors tends to last at least 4 times longer or more then a aircooled gasoline tractor and I wondered I managed to live without one from the get go.

Just my 2 cents.;)