Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that."

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #11  
WOW ! ! ! Really nice job. i don't think i would have had the Brass marbles to try to do a job like that with a tractor. You must have done that during a dry spell, or did you just cut a whole new ditch. what ever you did it looks great

Good Evenin Big Bri,
Im with you, Jim what a super job, that was great ! How long of a run was that, lots of material and seat time to boot ! :)

Bet you burned a few gallons durring that operation ! ;)

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #12  
Well I have a few stories I'll share, as well as pics.

I have hauled two of out wood hauling trailers in tandem before loaded with wood. Which is about two cords when split. I don't have any pics of my l3400 doing it but I have an old pic of dads 2040 JD doing it bit the trailers are ugly so I also posted a pic of the same trailers after we painted them.

I also included a pic of a wood load on my old dodge 1 ton. It's all hickory and oak too. It is about a 7000lb load, based on the helper spring just touching and when I had 6940lbs of sand before, about the same squat of 1.5" to just touch the helpers.

The final pics are of my pole garage build. I had to level an area beside the house for the 30 x 50 building. over the 50 ft there was about 8' drop, so the dirt from the upper 25' of the 50 eded up on the lower 20'. I also had to set the trusses I made. They are a 6/12 pitch and 22' to the peak. Dad had an old 3-leg TV antenna tower that was about 20-25' long. We strapped it to the bottom of the bucket and also a support strap from the top lip of the bucket to the end. The trusses weighed about 150-200lbs each and it worked perfect to get the height to set them. Unfortunatally I dont have pics of the setup but I have sketched a diagram and also included pics of the trusses.

Attachments

• tandem wood load.jpg
    tandem wood load.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 176
  • painted trailers.jpg
    painted trailers.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 139
  • ole dodge.jpg
    ole dodge.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 142
  • ground breaking.jpg
    ground breaking.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 122
  • trusses.jpg
    trusses.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 179
  • tractor crane.jpg
    tractor crane.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 88
   / Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #13  
WOW ! ! ! Really nice job. i don't think i would have had the Brass marbles to try to do a job like that with a tractor. You must have done that during a dry spell, or did you just cut a whole new ditch. what ever you did it looks great

Yes, it's the long dry spell we have every year here called summer.:D The hardest thing was traction. If I had not had 4wd, it would have been impossible. My neighbor had a Kubota with narrow ag tires and I had to pull him out of the same creek behind his place because he just buried up in the dry sand. That job was done in 2001 and I've used sand from that pile for many projects. I still have about 20 yards of it that I'm trading a neighbor for small watermelon sized rocks I'll use in landscaping and retainer walls. When I get all the sand used, there is now another 100 yards or so that has silted in. Of course, when there is a rain as big as the one that caused the flow in the last two pictures, the creek cleans itself out and deposits the sand on the bottom of our lake.

Good Evenin Big Bri,
Im with you, Jim what a super job, that was great ! How long of a run was that, lots of material and seat time to boot ! :)

Bet you burned a few gallons durring that operation ! ;)

Scotty, I did this job over two weekends. Once I cleared out the deadfall and brush, digging the sand out was easy, but lots of trips. I'd say I had close to 50 hours in this and 40 gallons of diesel. The total run of the creek I cleaned out is around 350' I believe. I've never put a tape to it. This job was nothing compared to the cleanout of my pond where my avatar comes from, but since a dozer did most of that digging, I felt this thread needed a tractor only project. Thanks for the nice compliments. I have lots of projects like this that tell me my little tractor has paid for itself many times over. I have lots more work for it and it sure seems up to the task.:)

Last edited:
   / Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #14  
I know that price is Canadian but price out a DK40SE with the KL401 loader, it has twice the loader capacity (2700+lbs :eek: ) with just a little more engine power and same size frame.

Like Dmace suggests the DK40SE with the KL401 and Cab is a very impresive tractor. I am buying a tractor next year and this is what I am leaning towards. The MSRP is just a little over 38,000 and would expect a deal around 35K.

I was quoted 29,000 for the Bobcat CT440 with Cab and loader. This was during their aggressive sale last month.

I'm located in Lower Sackville, NS. Where is woodchuckcanuck from?

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #15  
I pulled out this 10 ft long by 14 inch diameter clay filled rusty culvert. (there was also a 5 ft section making 15 ft total, but that is one of the reasons why it was filled with clay, poor splice ! and too low in ditch)
Anyway , it was extremely heavy , but walked it out of hole with help of the Honda as a moving pivot point.
Replaced it with a bigger diameter used culvert I found. And dressed the ditch up better after to drain better. Had to roll the old one into the bush and bury it .

Fun stuff and time flew, beats office work any day !

jake

Attachments

• DSCN0730.jpg
    DSCN0730.jpg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN0729.jpg
    DSCN0729.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 140
  • DSCN0728.jpg
    DSCN0728.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 187
   / Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #16  
30 years ago I moved a 24'x50' outbuilding 200 yards to its current location.

Hardest part was getting skids under it. The building was built on mudsills, I had to hand dig to get a bottle jack under it. My neighbor helped me pull with his D5.

Now on new foundation, much remodeled, serves as my workshop.

Pics show building jacked up, ready to move. Tractor hookup, pull. Building in final location, along with start of house I built.

Attachments

• 1a-Workshop-ready-to-move-800x600.jpg
    1a-Workshop-ready-to-move-800x600.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 2-Workshop-Tractor-hookup-2-800x600.jpg
    2-Workshop-Tractor-hookup-2-800x600.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 3-Workshop-Pull-start-800x600.jpg
    3-Workshop-Pull-start-800x600.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 4-Workshop-Pull-800x600.jpg
    4-Workshop-Pull-800x600.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 92
  • 6-Workshop-Pull-done-800x600.jpg
    6-Workshop-Pull-done-800x600.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 99
  • House-beams-workshop-800x600.jpg
    House-beams-workshop-800x600.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 119
   / Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that."
I'm located in Lower Sackville, NS. Where is woodchuckcanuck from?

I'm tucked away in a little place 20 min south of Antigonish. I've been emailing back and forth with Dartmouth's Bobcat (Mike) all morning. Negotiating a CT335. I was looking at the 235 but for less than a grand more, I move up to the 335. I'm one of the finalist in the Bobcat giveaway the end of this month. If I don't win :eek: I'll be making a road trip to Dartmouth. :D

Bigturk, was that $29G's factoring in the cash purchase discount?

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #18  
I'm tucked away in a little place 20 min south of Antigonish. I've been emailing back and forth with Dartmouth's Bobcat (Mike) all morning. Negotiating a CT335. I was looking at the 235 but for less than a grand more, I move up to the 335. I'm one of the finalist in the Bobcat giveaway the end of this month. If I don't win :eek: I'll be making a road trip to Dartmouth. :D

Bigturk, was that $29G's factoring in the cash purchase discount?

The $29G's was a quote by Email from Mike and yes it included the cash discount. They have a CT335 on the lot. It had a broken left door glass. The glass has been replaced but the gas shock is still broken. Not a big deal, but have a look if this is what you buy.

I would have bought the CT440 if I had the cash on hand. Unfortunatelly, I won't be able to buy until next summer. I have a move planned and a house to sell.

Good luck with your purchase.

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that."
He said he had a 335 on the lot. It'll be interesting to see if he discloses that info. :) Even $29G is a good price for that CT440.

/ Pictures of you and your tractor in "I can't believe we did that." #20  
If the ground should ever dry up should have some working pics soon,if not snow plowing pics for sure.