HOT Hydraulics

/ HOT Hydraulics #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
After mowing about 1 to 1-1/2 hours with my B7500, I have noticed that the spool valve and the transaxle get really hot... hot enough that you cannot put your hand on them. My dealer checked it out this weekend... no burning fluid, no pinched hoses, no low fluid, no operational problem. Has anyone experienced this before? Again, my dealer said that he has never heard of this problem before, although he states that the transaxle will get hot. I can't believe that this is normal. I can't say I have notice the same problem when I just operate the loader for an extended period of time. Anyone ever heard of this?

/ HOT Hydraulics #2  
I have noticed the input/output lines to my FEL get pretty hot to the touch after operating the tractor for a while (1/2 hour +) but have had no problems with this. I have a Long Landtrac 360DTC.

/ HOT Hydraulics #3  
Assuming your tractor uses the same resevoir for hydraulics and hysrostatic transmission this does not surprise me at all. You are mowing, which is a power intensive and will heat up the hydraulic oil causing all the hydraulics to feel hot. The transmission case on my NH hysrostat is hot to the touch after an hour of mowing. Hydraulic oil can run at 80°C.

JT

/ HOT Hydraulics #4  
I know you said your dealer checked everything out, but be sure to check both of your screen at the radiator. If there is any debris at all, it will make the oil get real hot, as the oil cooler can not get any air through it. Just a thought.

/ HOT Hydraulics #5  
My B7300 Trans oil will run close to 160 degrees (checked it with a digital thermo) after a few hours mowing in 90 degree temps. I believe this to be normal.

Auto trans on cars can run well over 200 degrees in normal conditions.

/ HOT Hydraulics #6  
I have also noticed that my B2410 gets hot. In fact After an hour or so I can sometimes smell the hydro fluid. When I check it, it does not seem to be burning or discoloring so I have assumed it was normal. Some heating has to be expected, after all, the energy that we are putting into the system from the engine to perform work has to go somewhere and I know it is not ALL going into lifting the loader and moving the machine. I wonder what the normal operating temp on the hydro system should be, and why Kubota does not put a temp gauge in it?