How do Knotters on a square baler work?

/ How do Knotters on a square baler work? #1  

MBierbaum

I recently got my grandfathers old MF #9 twine square baler. Was woundering if someone could point me to a website or explain how those knotters work? My grand father has azheimers and cant tell me. Thankyou

/ How do Knotters on a square baler work? #2  
I recently got my grandfathers old MF #9 twine square baler. Was woundering if someone could point me to a website or explain how those knotters work? My grand father has azheimers and cant tell me. Thankyou

I have an MF124 two-twine square baler. Unfortunately the manuals don't explain the knotter operation very clearly.

The JD-214 baler manual does a better job.

JD214-1.jpg

JD214-2.jpg

Twine knotters all work pretty much the same. The knotter on my MF124 is considerably simpler in design than the JD knotters.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• JD214-1 (Small).jpg
    JD214-1 (Small).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,719
  • JD214-2 (Small).jpg
    JD214-2 (Small).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,120
   / How do Knotters on a square baler work?
Thankyou sir for the information. Is the JD same as MF knotters?

/ How do Knotters on a square baler work? #4  
Thankyou sir for the information. Is the JD same as MF knotters?

No, not the same--similar. The mechanical design details are different for JD and MF knotters. But they do the same thing--tie a knot.

And the knotters on your MF9 very likely are different in design details than those on my MF124.

/ How do Knotters on a square baler work? #5  
how do you string a 328 john deere square baler

/ How do Knotters on a square baler work? #6  
You can order a photo copy of the MF No. 3 Baler operators manual from N-News letter web sites archive section. I ordered one several years ago and it may have the same knotter set up that your baler has.

/ How do Knotters on a square baler work? #7  
Can someone tell me why one side of my MF-9 baler is tying on one side and not the other?