Anyone else get distracted?

/ Anyone else get distracted? #1  

chim

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, Ford 1210
When I was doing some 'hogging in deep weeds the terrain was pertty uneven in some spots. I was keeping an eye on the rotary mower on one end and the FEL on the other. There was some debris I was also watching for so I wouldn't beat the blades up too badly. A few times I caught myself paying attention to everything but the amount of slope I was operating on. When I realized how easy it was to be ignoring this important aspect of operating the tractor, it bothered me that it had escaped notice.....................chim

/ Anyone else get distracted? #2  
I don't really think about slope. It is something I feel in the seat of my pants. If I'm too steep, my butt is the first to tell my brain.
I have become disoriented on occasion by focusing too much of my attention on the cutter. Usually I interpret events like that as the buzzer for break time.

/ Anyone else get distracted? #3  
i don't have many slopes on my property, but the few i do always seems to ring a bell, and i just take it easy and take no chances, u can kinda feel the tilt in the seat. safety first, blades are cheap.

/ Anyone else get distracted? #4  
I just mowed around the holding pond and I had my tractor in 4wd and low and barely moved. I was consentrating on the slope and what got mowed was on its own.