Oil & Fuel Oil Color??

/ Oil Color??
JGY,

I'm didnt mean free of charge. He's real nice, helpful etc. but can generate an invoice faster than lightning. :eek:

/ Oil Color?? #12  
It'll take your oil a little while when the tractor is new for the oil to turn full black. After this, at every oil change, the oil will never be completely clear again because it'll pick up some soot from leftover oil in little niches in the engine. On my old Benz, its oil turns black immediately after starting it after an oil change. On my 2004 tractor, it took a while for the oil to go black, but it has not gotten as black as the Benz's oil. It'll actually be kinda charcoal after a change.

If you've changed oil before, you can do your 50 hour service. It's a little more involved because you change out the hydraulic oil, gear oil in front, engine oil, etc. I did mine in stages so as not to have so much used oil to take back to recycle.

Ralph

/ Oil Color?? #13  
Soundguy,

Its not milky grey. Its just really dark. Like I mentioned earlier, I've always had gas burners, ATVs, Mowers, etc. When the oil looked like this @ 35 hrs, something wasnt right.

Now yall have me more concerned about my operating temps, and warm up times. I live here in Louisiana, and humidity is nothing new. I'll probably start letting her warm a bit more.

Jonathan

Diesels like a lil warmup and cooldown if they have turbo's.. and if you have been or need to work the hyds.. past that.. diesels come up to op temp by working.. a diesel 'idleing' will actually run cold.. and sometimes start to slobber.

run er good and put her up.. she'll thank you for it..

soundguy