Ballast Wheel Weights or not?

/ Wheel Weights or not? #11  
I skid alot of trees or partial trees around for firewood or just clearing and I often run into traction problems with heavy sticks - even with MFWD engaged.

My thoughts are rather than just chaining a stick to the drawbar shackle, I want to use the 3-point somehow to support some of the weight to aid in traction.

Anybody have ideas on this?

/ Wheel Weights or not?
I skid alot of trees or partial trees around for firewood or just clearing and I often run into traction problems with heavy sticks - even with MFWD engaged.

My thoughts are rather than just chaining a stick to the drawbar shackle, I want to use the 3-point somehow to support some of the weight to aid in traction.

Anybody have ideas on this?

I have used a draw bar between the draft arms with a set of logging tongs attached. If you have room to back up to the log, you can raise the draft arms to lift the tongs over the log and lower it on the log. You can then pull forward and lift to engage the tongs. Once you arrive at your destination you can lower the log and back up a little to disengage the tongs. This of course is if everything goes right. Sometimes it requires getting off the tractor to get the tongs set right and to remove them.