R1 versus R4

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / R1 versus R4 #1  

savedbyzero

Tractor
Kubota L3710
I have only had experience with R1 ag tires.....they seem to work great in the N. Cali snow...how 'bout R4's...looking at a tractor withe those tires and wondern' if those work equally as well.

/ R1 versus R4 #2  
use the search feature.

Main Index - Search - My Home - Who's Online - FAQ - Log Out - Mark All Read

You will find 100's of pages on this very topic.

/ R1 versus R4 #4  
I have only had experience with R1 ag tires.....they seem to work great in the N. Cali snow...how 'bout R4's...looking at a tractor withe those tires and wondern' if those work equally as well.

Not in mud or deep dirt. Snow is a matter of lengthy conjecture, but I think R-1's are better in snow, too. They dig & paddle more than R-'4s.

R-4's are better a mixed use of lawns, pavement and heavy loader work.

/ R1 versus R4 #5  
Another hot one:D

Attachments

• can of worms.jpg
    can of worms.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 170
  • popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    45.3 KB · Views: 174
   / R1 versus R4 #6  
well, guess I will find out this Winter. Previously had R-1's on old 2 wheel drive no chains and did ok most of the time. I live in Colorado so we do get snow but the 9-10 inch or less was pretty easy to handle with rear blade. Have a incline to driveway (natural dirt/gravel) and there were a few places I had to have momentum to get up. Over that if I had to use bucket, plow and scoop technique, when the bucket was full I had issues. Had to carefully plan whether I was going uphill with load or downhill. Now I have R-4's on new 4WD. I like them well this Summer, don't tear things up like the Ag tires. Am hoping 4WD will provide more than what I lost in going from R-1 to R-4.

/ R1 versus R4 #7  
Not in mud or deep dirt. Snow is a matter of lengthy conjecture, but I think R-1's are better in snow, too. They dig & paddle more than R-'4s.

That just about sums it up IMO... one thing I like about R4 is they wont rut my logging road as much as ags...oh and they seem less tippy but they dont give as much clearance around stumps and rocks. You just cant win 'em all.

/ R1 versus R4 #8  

I vote R1 .
R4s turn into racing slicks in mud.

/ R1 versus R4 #10  
Snow & mud I use chains... It dosn't matter what tire you have in them.. Think about what else your going to be doing too.. If your not going to use the tractor on a nice lawn..then the more agressive the better..

Status
Not open for further replies.