Oil & Fuel How to refuel diesel tractor that can't be moved?

/ How to refuel diesel tractor that can't be moved? #1  

hondarider

Bronze Member
So I have a 11k lbs Terex TX650 skip loader that I need to refuel. I don't want to use a 5 gallon jug because it takes to long. I am hoping to somehow use my truck to refuel it. :)

What's an easy and no mess method to use my truck's fuel tank as a fuel source for the tractor? Any good manual pump?

/ How to refuel diesel tractor that can't be moved? #2  
what's the fuel capacity of the loader? 30+ gallons? what's the fuel tank size on your truck?

if it's a pickup/flatbed, why not a bed mounted tank with 12v pump ...30-100 gallon capacity ...use off-road (dyed) diesel and save a little to offset the cost of the tank ...you can rig the tank to be removable if required and, if you supported it correctly, could lift it out full w. your loader and leave it at the site (w. padlock) ...just a thought

/ How to refuel diesel tractor that can't be moved? #3  
So I have a 11k lbs Terex TX650 skip loader that I need to refuel. I don't want to use a 5 gallon jug because it takes to long. I am hoping to somehow use my truck to refuel it. :)

What's an easy and no mess method to use my truck's fuel tank as a fuel source for the tractor? Any good manual pump?
How did you intend to fuel it when you took it to the sight. :confused::confused:
How did you get in this predicament :confused::confused::confused:

/ How to refuel diesel tractor that can't be moved? #4  
fuel tank and stand
3o13pa3ld5P35Rf5S89a4b08df1f90b3e1b88.jpg

these are common on CL in my area. local search just now turns up about 5-10 of various size and price.

chain it down to your trailer and go fill up with off road diesel when you get to the site lift it up with the loader and gravity feed to the fuel tank.

/ How to refuel diesel tractor that can't be moved? #5  
I bought a 100 gallon tank with a 12v pump that is rated at 15 gallons per minute. I have to throttle it back when fueling my tractor but that is what I would get if I were you and did this on a regular basis. The tank sits nicely between the fender wells at about 3.5' x 3.5'x 3' tall feet in size and is not to high to see over in the back window. I run it off a small jumper battery that I picked up for $10 at a pawn shop when it is in my shop.

/ How to refuel diesel tractor that can't be moved? #6  
Tidy tank.:D

Attachments

• tidy tank.gif
    tidy tank.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 256
   / How to refuel diesel tractor that can't be moved? #8  
My Truck has an aux electric pump that feeds from the OEM 42 gallon fuel tank... I think the pump is 4.5 gpm.

Not the same as having a dedicated tank and pump but it works for me...

/ How to refuel diesel tractor that can't be moved? #9  
Here are a couple of outfits I built .
They can be made portable or stationary .
These happen to be stationary.