Tires Tires loaded with... molasses?

/ Tires loaded with... molasses? #1  

aczlan

Good Morning
Tractor
Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660. Formerly: Case 480F LL, David Brown 880UE
I ran across a CL ad today for a JD Lawn and Garden tractor with a set of tires (w/chains) that are loaded with molasses, has anyone seen this? Is this probably rimguard?

Ad: john deere 316

Aaron Z

/ Tires loaded with... molasses? #2  
Hi Aczlan,....sorry I can't assist with this query but RimGaurd as you may know is actually the juice left after the sugar is squeezed out of the "beets". It looks a lot like molasses in that it is a brownish liquid but not near as thick as molasses.

Never thought of putting molasses in my tires but it may be suitable????

In Canada, a similar product to RimGaurd, (Different company) is called FUSION and is heavier than water and does not begin to freeze till about 55 below. It's enviro-friendly and I have my tractor tires loaded with it and am quite happy with it.

Hmmmmm,....molasses eh ? Good luck with your querry.

CHEERS!
. . tug

PS: ...John Galt founded the town of Galt near Kitchener and Guelph here in Ontario,..and is famous for other things. Is this the John Galt of your signature's enquiry? If so,...I thank you for my Congrats and beg to ask Sir:...what is the prize I've won???? (I trust NOT a jar of molasses?)

/ Tires loaded with... molasses? #3  
If I had to guess its probably Rimguard. Straight molasses wouldn't move fast enough when it's really cold in the winter time. That would make for a real fun ride on the tractor.

Wedge

/ Tires loaded with... molasses?
If I had to guess its probably Rimguard. Straight molasses wouldn't move fast enough when it's really cold in the winter time. That would make for a real fun ride on the tractor.
That is what I was thinking after reading about rimguard on here... but you never know what some people will do.

PS: ...John Galt founded the town of Galt near Kitchener and Guelph here in Ontario,..and is famous for other things. Is this the John Galt of your signature's enquiry? If so,...I thank you for my Congrats and beg to ask Sir:...what is the prize I've won???? (I trust NOT a jar of molasses?)
The quote is from the book Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, it is a long book, but I highly reccommend reading it.

Aaron Z

/ Tires loaded with... molasses? #5  
same here -- color looks same with rimguard, but it not thick, or anything. it got consistency of syrupy water.

/ Tires loaded with... molasses? #6  
You know I never thought of loading the tires in my lawnmower even though all I use it for is mowing, it is pretty light and doesnt get good traction on my ditchbanks. Loading up all the tires with water just may help the situation

/ Tires loaded with... molasses? #7  
There are some farmers up north (vermont) that load their tractor tires with maple sryup, as it will not freeze,

/ Tires loaded with... molasses? #8  
There are some farmers up north (vermont) that load their tractor tires with maple sryup, as it will not freeze
True it does not freeze but at the price of syrup these days it would be a very expensive tire loading fluid:rolleyes:

/ Tires loaded with... molasses? #9  
AH,.. but sure would come in handy if you chanced upon a pancake party goin on right there in the bush,...... perchance they invited you to join in,.. but admitted they were fresh outta the maple syrup!! Mmmmm Hmmm, just in time I'd say! Yummy!!

Always carry a little spare Maple Syrup when venturing through the forest to granma's house. And where better to hide a few gallons of the precious stuff in event you get waylaid by that hungry old wolf, . . huh? No better place than a couple trusty R-4s I always say! er,..that "IS" what I always say is it not?

CHEERS!
. . tug

/ Tires loaded with... molasses? #10  
AH,.. but sure would come in handy if you chanced upon a pancake party goin on right there in the bush,...... perchance they invited you to join in,.. but admitted they were fresh outta the maple syrup!! Mmmmm Hmmm, just in time I'd say! Yummy!!

Always carry a little spare Maple Syrup when venturing through the forest to granma's house. And where better to hide a few gallons of the precious stuff in event you get waylaid by that hungry old wolf, . . huh? No better place than a couple trusty R-4s I always say! er,..that "IS" what I always say is it not?

CHEERS!
. . tug

Now that's funny...I don't care who you are!!:D

Deano