Tires Loading Tires with this?

/ Loading Tires with this? #1  

mcd176

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800HD / Kubota B2150
   / Loading Tires with this? #2  
Boiling Point 212 F, Freezing Point 32 F,

It would probably be perfectly OK as long as the temperature stays above freezing.:D

/ Loading Tires with this? #3  
Let's find out!

Get a gallon and a good thermometer (that goes down to -5F or what ever your freezer is set at ... you will also be verifying this if you try), mix up some WWF at 55:1 and see if you can make blue ice cubes. If you get cubes, try again at 20:1. If you still get cubes, put the rest of the WWF in your car's WWF reservoir?

-Jim

/ Loading Tires with this? #4  
What Egon said.
This product does not change the freeze boil point at all. It would be no different than putting pure water in your tires. It is bug/dirt wash not anti-freeze.

/ Loading Tires with this? #5  
Methanol only provides significant antifreeze to below zero (-20C) when it is diluted to no more than about 30% in water. Those numbers are not exact but close enough to say for sure that any compound that can be diluted 1:55 (about 2%) cannot possibly prevent freezing.

Regular full strength sold by the gallon type of windshield washer fluid is about 30% methanol as I recall. You need to use it straight if you want full protection.

/ Loading Tires with this? #7  
I have been searching for the most cost effective windshield wash fluid to load my tires and found this GUNK Concentrate at Grainger, It says to dilute 1 gallon of concentrate to 55 gal of water, It is only $12 a gallon, What do you all think?

Wndshd Washer,Concentrate,128 oz,Blue - Automotive Fluids - Chemicals - Fleet & Vehicle Maintenance : Grainger Industrial Supply

as has already been pointed out.. this won't have any freeze protection. I'd load with rv holding tank antifreeze.

even if you mix it a lil weak.. a 'slushy' tire is ok.. you want to avoid the 'froze solid' tire.. etc.

soudnguy

/ Loading Tires with this?
Thanks guys, I didn't read the description close, I figure I will go to advance and buy the $1.99 a gallon -20 degrees WWF, They told me they have a few hundred gallons in stock!

-Mike

/ Loading Tires with this? #9  
Thanks guys, I didn't read the description close, I figure I will go to advance and buy the $1.99 a gallon -20 degrees WWF, They told me they have a few hundred gallons in stock!

-Mike

See if they will give you a volume discount.

/ Loading Tires with this? #10  
i hope you not serious about using straight WWf? Even if your planning on putting like 10 gallons per tire if will be far cheaper to go to walmart and get several gallons of the around $7.50 gallon antifreeze.