Are there electric power steering kits for older tractors

/ Are there electric power steering kits for older tractors #1  

jobguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT120
I have a 1965 Minneapolis Moline Jet Star with manual steering wide front end. Is there an electric or any kind of power steering kit I can add to this tractor?
This beast is hard on my shoulders.

/ Are there electric power steering kits for older tractors #2  
There are many threads on here about adding PS to older tractors.

Many of us have used Tractor power steering conversion kit and parts store. They stand behind their product and will design a system for you depending on your needs. Excellent tech support and they really know their tractors.

I don't know of any electric kits though.

/ Are there electric power steering kits for older tractors #3  
i think electric cylinders are going to be too slow in reacting - i used three on different projects and the quickest one, 1200lb cap, at 24 volts, took 30 - 35 seconds to extend the full 6.75" lenght, at 12V it would take approx twice that time

electric cylinders are basically motor driven screw jacks, screwing out, and as motor power capacity is a factor of size, they have to use high gear ratios to turn the scrw jack

doubt you'll find any electric steerin cylinders

/ Are there electric power steering kits for older tractors #4  
go for a hydrolic system electrical steering a waste of time check for similar models with power steering you would be surprised what will fit your tracter

/ Are there electric power steering kits for older tractors #6  
While a straight electric screw jack system would not work, a self contained electric pumped hydraulic system powering the steering cylinder WOULD work.