here ye here ye-- It's time again........

/ here ye here ye-- It's time again........ #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
ok--- did I get your attention..

Can you believe it? NC/TN line to get up to 3 inches of snow tonight...
WOW!!
I think it's time to get ready for a tough winter in the SE....

Got 5 gallons of fuel in my spare can and a full tank on the tractor...
Put my last winter treatment in the the tank and can...

So looks like I'll be making a run for some more treatment soon.

Just dropped the box blade off and loaded the scrape blade onto the 3 pt..

so for me-- that is about all we do around here....
Well, guess I should count packing the foul weather bag for the truck.
solar blanket, first aid kit, change of clothes (winter clothes), pocket warmers, spare winter gloves, watch cap, etc....

So how is everyone else getting ready?

J

/ here ye here ye-- It's time again........ #2  
down here we're not buying any more sun screen and are now wearing shorts and tanktops instead of speedos, maybe next month i'll bust out the jeans and long sleeve shirts and start waring socks:D i don't even know what a snow plow does or how to hook it up to my tractor.

/ here ye here ye-- It's time again........
I have to admit-- that did bring a chuckle outa me!

I am sure L Brown will provide us a lesson on both....

J

/ here ye here ye-- It's time again........ #4  
i'm sorry but that was the only way i could participate in this thread:)

/ here ye here ye-- It's time again........
I totally understand---

I've been to Baton Rouge / Port Allen several times for work... and I can't imagine enough snow there for a plow.....

now all we need to round out the funnies here is a reply from someone in the Bahamas or Guam.......

J

/ here ye here ye-- It's time again........ #6  
Here in the Buffalo NY area we like the snow, it's not like the weather you southern boys get, if you wait long enough it goes away by itself and doesn't leave the after effects of huricanes.

/ here ye here ye-- It's time again........ #7  
We're still a long ways from thinking about snow, but the way it's going this year, I wouldn't be surprised if it does snow. In the 7 years that I've lived here, we've had snow fall about every other year and one year, it stuck for about half a day.

Temps in the 40's tomorrow morning with highs right at 70, give or take a degree. Today it only got up to 69 degrees.

Seems like the entire country is seeing an early winter this year!!!

Eddie

/ here ye here ye-- It's time again........ #8  
Its not going to snow here this winter........ I called Al Gore and ordered extra global warming.

/ here ye here ye-- It's time again........ #9  
Here in Nth east Ga, big change in temp, from 70''s 2 days ago to expected down in mid 30* on Sunday, possibly snow in extreme nth Ga mtn. if we get snow this winter? as we've had rain in the past severel weeks, we B in store for a big blizzard,:cool:

/ here ye here ye-- It's time again........ #10  
In my part of Oregon, we will just watch it rain. Oh, occasionally we get a bit of snow, but not enough to make me miss the snowblower attachment for my lawn tractor I gave away when I left North Dakota.
And here, umbrellas are for wimps.