unload auto transport trailer

/ unload auto transport trailer #1  

z0lt3c

Silver Member
Tractor
2020 Kubota BX2380
picked up a parts car an decided this was the best way to get it off the trailer after it wouldn't start;

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

/ unload auto transport trailer #2  
Would it not lift it? My Jinma 254 lifted a Dodge 3/4 ton van with a 360 gas engine in it no problem.

Chris

/ unload auto transport trailer #3  
Would it not lift it? My Jinma 254 lifted a Dodge 3/4 ton van with a 360 gas engine in it no problem. I did not use forks though, just put the bucket under the bumper.

Chris

/ unload auto transport trailer
It would/did lift it no problem but the trailer had ramps so I just strapped the forks to the rear bumper support and pulled it down the ramps using the backplate on the forks to hold the car so it didn't roll down out of control.

With only one person, it's almost impossible to perform a controlled roll since the person generally can't push from inside the vehicle.

/ unload auto transport trailer #6  
Sort of an off topic question, but it looks like the left fender on that (uhaul?) trailer tilts down. I guess this to give some clearance to open the door?

/ unload auto transport trailer
It's a Uhaul 1way trailer, and yes (as previously confirmed) the fender folds to allow the door to open. The $5 insurance is the best part. Here is what it looked like loaded up;

Photo9510-1.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

/ unload auto transport trailer #10  
It would/did lift it no problem but the trailer had ramps so I just strapped the forks to the rear bumper support and pulled it down the ramps using the backplate on the forks to hold the car so it didn't roll down out of control.

With only one person, it's almost impossible to perform a controlled roll since the person generally can't push from inside the vehicle.

Ahhh. I get it. Thanks. :)