Tires Filled My Tires

/ Filled My Tires #1  

Mrwurm

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower
Well, I finally got around to having my tires filled. I have a NH TC30 with 13.6X16 turf tires. I took the wheels off and carted them to the tire store and had them filled while they sat on my trailer. The hard part was standing them up to roll them off my trailer. I managed though, and got them back on the tractor. I called three tractor dealers and got prices of $300, $250, and $228. I found out from one dealer that the same guy does all the tire filling for all the local dealers. I contacted him and went straight to the source. Paid $150 to fill with RimGuard. I've had alot of trouble keeping the back wheels on the ground while moving heavy stuff with the FEL like balled trees. I will report back after I give the new setup a test.

/ Filled My Tires #2  
It is interesting how easilly the rear ends lift on compacts. Ever notice how the front axles are more rearward for a sharper steering radii? I have wheel weights AND a huge JD weight box and I STILL ocassionally lift the back end. I wish i could justify the cost of a backhoe so I could be sure of keeping the back end down!!!

/ Filled My Tires #3  
<font color=blue>I wish i could justify the cost of a backhoe so I could be sure of keeping the back end down!!! </font color=blue>

Even with filled rear tires and the backhoe attached, I've lifted the rear end while trying to move an old cement watering tank. It is amazing the power of a FEL.

/ Filled My Tires #4  
Ed:

I second your opinion. My TC29, with the backhoe and loaded rear tires, was definitely in the bi-pedal mode while moving my welding table.

/ Filled My Tires #5  
A picture of that would make great adverstisement for the strength of a New Holland axle!!!

/ Filled My Tires
OK, I gave it a test. I've been working on pulling some T-posts out for a while now and have always had to resort to using the 3-pt. The FEL and chain method always resulted in hair-raising rear-end lifting. Tried it after the tires were filled and I pulled a post right out without lifting the rear tires at all. The tractor also jerks and bounces around less when I raise and lower the FEL. Success ! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Filled My Tires #7  
As with many things in life, I do lifting just exactly the opposite way. I generally do my lifting with the backhoe. I find most of the time for something like fenceposts the backhoe does a far better job. I can get to what I need to lift more easily and swing it off to the side when it's out. I honestly don't know which has a greater lifting capacity (something I can look up tonight), but I've never been disappointed in the performance of the backhoe for lifting.

To be fair, I do this partly because I just love playing with my backhoe, too. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Filled My Tires #8  
I think you made the right choice of fills with Rim Guard. I wish I could find someone in my area who deals with it. I've got CaCl now. First time a tire springs a leak, I'd like to change to Rim Guard.

Local tire guy says he looked in to it and can't justify a dual setup (one for Rim Guard, one for CaCl solutions). My NH dealer was considering getting in to filling their own tires. I suggested Rim Guard to them, but they have yet to move on anything.

John Mc

/ Filled My Tires #9  
Yeah, there's power in a FEL. Just out of the box, I took my B7500 and dug under a small yew bush thinking I'd pot it right out by curling the bucket. Figured a 1300# CUT could "pop" it right out. Should have filed a flight plan /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif ... on Kubota Airline! Rear end came right up. The funny thing was I must have centered the bush just right, because the rear end came up perfect without even tilting to one side or the other. Would have looked funny on Bloopers. Thank goodness no one had a digital camera ready. Never underestimate the power of little roots. I'm now looking into a ballast box. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Filled My Tires #10  
Did much the same thing when I first got my L3710. I now keep my box blade on when I do FEL work. My blade is over 1000 lbs. I can still get one wheel off of the ground if I'm not carefull or am on a down slope.

Don