how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered?

/ how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered? #1  

woodchuckcanuck

Silver Member
Tractor
still looking
Just wondering if there's an acceptable number (or average). Sure, some of that time is for factory and dealer setup and getting it ready for delivery. Mine arrived yesterday with 2.7 hrs on it.

/ how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered? #2  
That is perfectly acceptable IMHO.

/ how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered? #3  
Did you try any tractors out while looking to buy? Did you put time on them? It adds up on some tractors if a lot of people are looking at that model but going with a slightly different model after trying it.

2.7 hours isn't very many.

/ how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered? #4  
Mine had 1.9 hours on it, 2.7 hours doesn't seem like much.

/ how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered? #5  
Mine had 13.5 hours on it, which I thought was very high.

But, it has been a wonderful machine and I don't have any problem at all with it.

/ how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered? #6  
Just wondering if there's an acceptable number (or average). Sure, some of that time is for factory and dealer setup and getting it ready for delivery. Mine arrived yesterday with 2.7 hrs on it.

My 7520 was delivered with about 14 hours on it. You could look at it as if .0005% of you tractors life is used up. That's based on a 5K hour tractor life, not really that big of a deal. Another way to look at it is that your tractor is 2.7 hours closer to getting broken in. :D I wouldn't worry about a few hours on the meter.

Good luck with your new machine

/ how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered? #7  
2.7 hrs is not a lot for a new/ordered tractor or for a new tractor sitting on the lot. My ordered JD 3720 had 0.4 hrs when delivered and my JD 4320 sitting on the lot had 10.7 hrs on it. I've seen others on the lot with 10 to 30 hrs.

/ how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered? #8  
I agree with everyone on this :)

/ how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered? #9  
my Kukje had 4.7 hours on it when I first saw it because the dealer had been using it to unload crated mowers off the trailer - I had no issues with this.
my current one had 47.8 hours on delivery, which I knew about beforehand (demo model - used to pull a hayrack) and he dropped the price considerably for those hours. He also did the 50 hour service before delivering it.

/ how many hrs is too many hrs for a new tractor delivered? #10  
Mine had 50 hours on it but came with a huge discount and the 50 hour service completed on it. I was ok with that