One Million

/ One Million #1  

nap61

Silver Member
That is about how many thanks I owe you guys (and gals).
I have been looking to buy a tractor for a year and a half. Thanks to TBNers I was able to make an intelligent (for me) choice. I have 5 1/2 acs. North of Lake Pontchartrain (New Orleans area) in La. About 3 acs have been cleared and I have trails through the other two. The land has a gentle slope. Although I have a drainage problem, I am slowly working on that and it is improving. We hope to build a home in the near future.
Lurking here has taught me a lot about not only tractors but also about land, trees, neighbors, mailboxes, trucks, trailers, and much more. I even enjoy some of the cat fights. I have read so many threads that I feel as though I know some of you regulars personally.
I just had my new Bobcat CT225 delivered about a week ago and have only put 4 hrs on it - lots of rain. I haven't even named her yet. I don't know if SWMBO would like it if I said that I was going out to play with "Susie" (or whatever). I also bought a 5' Howse brushhog, a 6' Howse yard rake, and a middle buster. I am looking for a 5' box blade and maybe a tiller and some other toys - errr, I mean TOOLS.
Although I have very little tractor experience (I have used my bil's Ford 4000), I hope to be active in asking and answering questions; if not about tractors then maybe some other fields.
Once again, many thanks.

Norm

/ One Million #2  
congrats on the new tractor.:)

/ One Million #3  
Welcome aboard. Looks like you got a good start on the tools.......:D you will most certainly need for the new tractor. Next to the FEL I seem to use the tiller the most, Sure seems like anyway. Course, don't have to look very hard to find a need for toys errr, uh I mean 3pt or loader tools:cool:

/ One Million #4  
Congrats on the new purchase and Welcome to the extended Pack! Feel free to ask any Bobcat tractor questions in the Kioti forum as well as the Bobcat section. The tractors are both made from the same company (Daedong) and are identical, the attachments (FEL, BH, etc...) are not.

Got any pictures yet?

/ One Million #5  
nap61 : A warm WELCOME ABOARD to you Norm. Nice to know you've found the proper place to spend time with us fellow "tractor-folk".

Yes we do have lots of fun here as well as a good heated discussion once in a while,...but when you need an answer to a question, this is the place you can generally get it quick. (AND,...amazingly, it does NOT seem to matter the "topic",...we have the most knowledgeable folk here from "ALL" over the world,....and the friendliest, (to me anyway).

So jump on in anytime, . . and by the way,..when you are ready, don't hesitate to tell us a bit about yourself, your property and especially your "toys" with lots of pictures!!!!

CHEERS!
. . tug

/ One Million #6  
Welcome!
Enjoy your new tractor. I am always looking for new jobs around my farm that would "require" a new implement. This website is a wealth of experience and knowledge that you will find very valuable as you run into problems or need insight into how to do something.

/ One Million #7  
congrats on the new tractor and fine start on implements. Enjoy and be safe

/ One Million
Thanks for the kind welcomes. My 225 did come with the free loader. I bought it Aug. 8th and it just came in about a week ago. I complained a few times but when it arrived, it had the bobtach loader instead of the regular one I expected. Also, The dealer, Duhon Machinery in St. Rose, La., agreed to do the 50 hr service for free. If I read the manual correctly, the 50 hr. service doesn't include changing the hydo fluid; just the filters and the motor oil. He also threw in caps for all my grandchildren (5). So far, I have had a positive experience with the dealer.
I only put 4 hrs. on so far. When I get a few more hrs. under my belt, I will post my observations. And hopefully I will figure out how to attach photos.

Tug:
In a past life - pre-Katrina - I used to fish almost every weekend. I haven't been fishing since the storm. But now I have a new "hobby".

Norm

/ One Million #9  
... I haven't even named her yet. I don't know if SWMBO would like it if I said that I was going out to play with "Susie" (or whatever)....

Norm

I just tell my wife, "I'm going to play with my mistress!"

Joe

/ One Million
JGY
I like my body parts where they are.

Norm