Transfer pump filter?

/ Transfer pump filter? #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
I'm going to install a filter on my electric transfer pump for my tractor fuel and was wondering what one would be better. I'm looking at either a metal spin on filer or one of the clear plastic bowls with the replaceable element.

17041_lg.gif

170307_lg.gif

/ Transfer pump filter? #2  
Is that Lexan filter for a gravity feed system? Some are, I understand. What psi will your system have? I saw a reference that the cartridge ones are for 50 psi.

/ Transfer pump filter? #3  
I have the top cleaar one and it works great. I use it on a rotary hand pump. I like being able to see the fuel move through the filter and visually see debris or junk in the line. But either would work fine.

/ Transfer pump filter? #4  
I have a WIX 24389 on my tank. Some specs say it's for gravity feed systems but the linked page list several applications with powered pumps. Bottom line is it has a 200psi burst rating and since my pump shuts off at 20psi, there is a pretty good safety margin.:)

I thought the bowl with bottom drain would be good to see any water in the filter but so far there hasn't been any. Could be my pick-up tube is a 1/2" off the bottom of the tank.

/ Transfer pump filter? #5  
Pretty much, the major difference is the price. The replaceable filter elements are a few bucks less each time you replace them(probably around $5 instead of $10) Of course, the spin on filter is a little easier to change.

/ Transfer pump filter?
Thanks guys, the pump is a Tuthill 1200C 12volt.

/ Transfer pump filter? #7  
I went through the same debate and ended up with a spin on cartridge. You can get them for just filtration or you can get them that filter both particulate as well as water. I ordered mine through McMaster Carr, a large industrial supply outfit with a tremendous range of items :) They are fast with delivery, things usually arrive here the next day even with standard shipping.

Ken

/ Transfer pump filter? #8  
100_2583.jpg

This is my spin on that filters water and particulates

I went through the same debate and ended up with a spin on cartridge. You can get them for just filtration or you can get them that filter both particulate as well as water. I ordered mine through McMaster Carr, a large industrial supply outfit with a tremendous range of items :) They are fast with delivery, things usually arrive here the next day even with standard shipping.Ken
.The OP wants the one that filters both particulate as well as water

/ Transfer pump filter? #9  
I put the standard NAPA spin on, figured it would be easiest to replace

/ Transfer pump filter? #10  
I'm going to install a filter on my electric transfer pump for my tractor fuel and was wondering what one would be better. I'm looking at either a metal spin on filer or one of the clear plastic bowls with the replaceable element.

170307_lg.gif
This one does not filter or separate water.
The water separator ones have blue lettering.