just a thought

/ just a thought #21  
<font color=blue>"Whew that and two years of therapy for anxiety disorder can get expensive."</font color=blue>

That's why the CFO puts up with all of my brochures and stopping at dealers that we run across. She knows it's cheaper than going to the shrink!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

The 3 year figure is the maximum I expect that I'd need to wait, assuming everything goes "as expected". I'm already seeing the possibility that the time period might be shortened, so there's hope. I'm also banking on the idea that the CFO will, at some point, just finally say the h_ _ _ with it, let's get the d _ _ _ thing now! /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ just a thought #22  
If you don't mind a bit of creative leveraging, you might try something like this.

Come up with some work that can be done by hand.. but is very time consuming or difficult... and start on that 'project' with your wives help. Also, if a buddy has a tractor, borrow it for one day to do some of the work.... this shows a good comparison of how usefull a toy..er.. tool it is.

I did this to get my seeder/spreader. We had 13.2 acres to seed, then fertalize. I had the wife out there helping me by hand seed the first 3 acres. The next day we went to TSc to get some tack for the horses, and she saw a 3pt. seeder spreader on sale ( $ 260.00??) and she sugested we get it..

Nice how that works...

Soundguy

/ just a thought #23  
Thanks Chris,

I appreciate the tips. But I really don't have a problem with convincing the CFO about getting the tractor. She's all for it.

We have to wait because of a number of reasons. 1) We have no place to keep it. We live in town, and in fact in our neighborhood, I can't even have a little tool shed in the back yard. We're planning on building our "compound" in the country after I retire in 3 years (1,129 days to be exact - but who's counting?/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif).

Just to show you how interested in all of this she is, including getting the tractor, just last night the wife showed me a brochure for Morton buildings that she'd picked up. She was showing me how we could build our "barn" first that would have attached living space for us and the rest for the tractor and my work shops (her words). We'd use this while our house was being built, and after that, our guests/kids could stay in it.

2) We have to get out from under the financial assistance that we've been providing to our kids. That all ends this fall, so the money that we've been sending their way will start going toward the savings account and ultimately the tractor.

3) We were palnning on taking a year off to travel after I retire. We didn't want any of the expenses associated with new construction (or tractors/trucks) during that time, so we were going to wait to do all of this after we got back.

This is the one thing that might be changing. There's the possibility that we can't do the year off the way we thought we could. If this is the case, then the possibility of getting the tractor sooner moves up to the top of the priority list.

In any case, having her support is not a problem. If it weren't for some of these other things, she'd be taking me out to the dealer!

/ just a thought #24  
Garry,

<font color=blue>I sent for the video a few months ago (March) and still haven't received it! </font color=blue>

Kinda like buying one of their new tractors these days. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ just a thought #25  
<font color=blue>"Kinda like buying one of their new tractors these days."</font color=blue>

Yup, Yup, Yup. At least....from what I hear anyway! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ just a thought #26  
Cool. Do you know the times, etc on DISH? Thanks...

- G

/ just a thought #27  
I did a search on the DirecTV website. It seems you have to have one of the newer oval 18X24 dishes to get the RFD channel. As our local channels are available from the normal satellite that is why I hadn't seen it. I guess I'll have to put that on the list of things that need updated: my computer, my car, my tractor, my TV, and now my DirecTV satellite in no particular order.

/ just a thought #28  
Dish Network 12:00 A.M. Tuesday night Wed. morning. Hope that helps.

/ just a thought #29  
[censored], just missed it. Thanks though!

/ just a thought #30  
Golfgar4,

That's what I hear as well. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

by the way..... I tore the men's club up on Saturday (second flight). If it wasn't for that 3 putt on 15 (for a double) I'd a posted a 74.