300CX loader won't raise above 4 feet

/ 300CX loader won't raise above 4 feet #1  

tarious

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3320
First of all, about 6 months ago, after some heavy lifting with the pallet forks I discovered that I had reduced curling power with the loader. Also, when I took the forks off to install the bucket, I noticed that the "feet" that attach the bucket/forks now move at different rates. This makes changing from the forks to the bucket difficult! I removed a hydraulic line thinking I might clear some air, but this had no effect. I can't see anything bent, could I have a bad internal seal in a ram?

Also now today, I noticed the loader would not raise above 4 feet with nothing in the bucket.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

/ 300CX loader won't raise above 4 feet #4  
I think I would disconnect and then reconnect all the QD's as well--one might be not seated fully? If you extend the rams all the way out--do they go out the same distance?

/ 300CX loader won't raise above 4 feet #5  
Check the pressure while your at it too, it may not be the prob but could help narrow it down.

/ 300CX loader won't raise above 4 feet #6  
First of all, about 6 months ago, after some heavy lifting with the pallet forks I discovered that I had reduced curling power with the loader. Also, when I took the forks off to install the bucket, I noticed that the "feet" that attach the bucket/forks now move at different rates. This makes changing from the forks to the bucket difficult! I removed a hydraulic line thinking I might clear some air, but this had no effect. I can't see anything bent, could I have a bad internal seal in a ram?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

There isn't a problem with the "feet" moving at different rates when not connected, but may be an inconvenience or aggravation. Nothing to worry about tho. When attaching forks or bucket, just get close, and extend both 'til one will touch. Keep extending until the other one catches up. Then you can position them in the hooks to raise and attach said forks/bucket.

/ 300CX loader won't raise above 4 feet #7  
I think I would disconnect and then reconnect all the QD's as well--one might be not seated fully? If you extend the rams all the way out--do they go out the same distance?

x2: QDs

/ 300CX loader won't raise above 4 feet #8  
It's a universal question but may be better put in the JD section.

I have a 300cx but can't relate to your problem, I have read about the importance of that little rock shaft filter on the back of the machine and how that can wreak havoc if clogged, also that suction screen underneath.

Doubt it could be fluid level (unless it was really low) or air, these systems seem to bleed themselves pretty good. I've put empty cylinders in line and they start working immediately.

Good luck, JB

/ 300CX loader won't raise above 4 feet
Wow, I appreciate all of the quick responses.

I did check the fluid when I first noticed the problem. Fluid was full and clean. I also checked the connections, all tight.

I did solve the lifting problem today. For some reason the little check ball in the end of the hose was stuck. I cleaned it and tapped the ball with a hammer. Now the loader lifts perfectly!

The feet moving at different rates is still a problem. They move about 6 inches apart, but do begin and finish in the same place. So their position isn't a big deal. However, I have reduced curling power. Is it possible for one of those cylinders to be weak and still function somehow?

Thanks

/ 300CX loader won't raise above 4 feet #10  
The feet moving at different rates is still a problem. They move about 6 inches apart, but do begin and finish in the same place. So their position isn't a big deal. However, I have reduced curling power. Is it possible for one of those cylinders to be weak and still function somehow?

Thanks

A weak cylinder could be the problem-it may be bypassing internally. Both can be rebuilt easily.

As for the "feet", called "holders" in JDParts, you need to check the tie rod (#16) and the pins (#17) to make sure they are not sheared-the pins tie the two holders together so they move in unison.

Attachments

• 300cx.gif
    300cx.gif
    27 KB · Views: 488