grass seed spreading at dawn

/ grass seed spreading at dawn #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
got some rain from IDA yesterday.. suposed to get some today as well.

I was out feeding hte horses and chickens as the sun was coming up and thought about the seed again...

I've been holding off putting down rye seed for rain, and figured this was my chance... I work most of the week, so I hit the barn and had the 660 running around the pasture with the broadcast spreader ..

after I was going it occured to me I was still wearing a house coat and boxer shorts.!

would have made a good pic I think!

soundguy

/ grass seed spreading at dawn #3  
That's funny.

I know how it goes...when your mind is set on something everything else is left blowing in the wind.:D

This thread is useless woithout pictures. NOT>!!:eek:

/ grass seed spreading at dawn #4  
I've been holding off putting down rye seed for rain, and figured this was my chance... I work most of the week, so I hit the barn and had the 660 running around the pasture with the broadcast spreader ..

after I was going it occured to me I was still wearing a house coat and boxer shorts.!

soundguy

Surely you remembered to change out of the fuzzy pink slippers:D

/ grass seed spreading at dawn #5  
got some rain from IDA yesterday.. suposed to get some today as well.

I was out feeding hte horses and chickens as the sun was coming up and thought about the seed again...

______

soundguy

That's funny...about 35 yrs. ago when just after I bought my farm I bought a ford jubilee and I was in my office about 40 miles away when the man I bought it from called and told me he had delivered it to my farm and all I needed was some gas. Well, I got so excited I left for the day and rushed home to the farm and I remembered he said it needed gas...so I pulled up and saw the tractor sitting there and yelled into the house to my wife I was going to ride the tractor just down the road to the country store and gas the tractor up. So I hopped on the Jubilee and off I went and as I pulled out of our road onto the main country road the farmer across the street was standing in front of his place( He farmed about 1,000 AC.) with a few other fellas & I waved from my tractor and they were all waving ...but they were laughing too..I mean they were really laughing..I thought that was odd...along the way I waved to several other folks who were out and about and they waved but were laughing too...anyway I got to the store & filled up my tractor and drove back..that is when I told my wife about all the waves and folks seemed to be laughing and I wondered why...The Mrs. being the better half ..pointed out that I was dressed in a 3 piece suit with wing tips...LOL...for a few years after that the neighbors would call me the farmer / Gardner and yes they would mention " Green Acres " the TV show at that time...LOL - So I know in the moment excitement can take over..

/ grass seed spreading at dawn
Surely you remembered to change out of the fuzzy pink slippers:D

garden rubber clogs actually. Only once have i wore the fuzzy slippers out and the wife gave me heck for it! :)

soundguy

/ grass seed spreading at dawn #7  
The writers for some TV comedy show should hang out here for some good ideas! :D

/ grass seed spreading at dawn
especially the ones that make up the spoofed pics to go along with their gags!

soundguy