I'm an idiot

/ I'm an idiot #31  
Re: I\'m an idiot

1. Pull into shed
2. Pop into neutral
3. Let FEL and TPH down
4. Shut engine down.
At least thats the way my routine is supposta be. Forgot step 2 one time and let clutch out, now side of shed is bowed out about 2 feet. Left it like that though cause now I can get my TPH implement all the way into the shed too!

/ I'm an idiot #32  

Trev -Get a load of this.

Attachments

• 47-173813-Things_you_shouldn_t_drop.jpg
    47-173813-Things_you_shouldn_t_drop.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 73
   / I'm an idiot #33  

Hey Gary, fellow Hooosier here. Spent 6 years in the Navy and I can't tell you how many times we used S.N.A.F.U. The other term was " We have done so much with so little for so long we can now do anything with nothing forever" Seems to fit for compact tractor owners as well. I will not add my .02 worth to the bloopers, I'll try to learn from the others.

/ I'm an idiot #34  

Second time out with my shiny new tractor finished mowing and proudly "grining ear to ear"/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif pulled the tractor into the garage felt a terrible jolt and loud noise (note to self tractor with ROPs up will not fit through the garage door opening). Luckily minimal damage to the garage frame opening and only minor scratches on the ROPs. The worst part was facing the wife you know the stare/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif I guess thats where they get the saying "If looks could kill" We all have our idiotic moments./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif Life goes on, keep on tractoring.

/ I'm an idiot #35  

A few years ago, I was very carefully trying to back up the 6100 without hitting the S-10 with the FEL. When I heard a crunch behind me, I realized that I hit the CFO's Taurus with the back blade instead. A quick change of direction kept more damage/ harm from the Taurus, but unfortunately, I forgot about the S-10. The FEL found the tailgate faster than a black-fly finds a victim. Decided to call it quits for the day and go mow some lawn instead. Found the well head cap with the mower blades on the brand new Husqvarna. Watched TV for the rest of the day.

/ I'm an idiot #36  

I have an old, ugly, municipal orange Ford F-450 with an 8' Peabody Gallion contractor's dump bed on it. I don't use it much or often but it's a handy thing to have, especially with the 8' Western power angle snowplow on the front. There is, however, one recurring problem.

Being a tad taller than the average, I've learned to duck under doorways, light fixtures, ceiling fans, etc., and, of course, know to duck when getting into a car or truck. Unfortunately, the timing of said head bob is crucial on this dump truck and I fail to exercise it properly at least once either getting in or out on each and every infrequent occasion I end up driving the thing.

Clearing the cab drip edge is fine and never a problem. What I manage to do is bang my head on the over cab piece extending forward over the top of the truck cab from the bulkhead of the dump bed OR straighten up too quickly getting out and come up right underneath it. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

I will give Peabody Gallion credit here. As many times as I've hit that thing it's still 100% as strong and as sturdy as ever. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ I'm an idiot #37  

Where I work, F.U.B.A.R. is what we us when there is a spectacular fiasco... ( f----d up beyond all recognition )

Usually once something has been fubar'ed.. it results in some piece of equipment also being refered to as 'casters up'.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>must be from the old school, and still use "S.N.A.F.U." for those unique situations. It stands for "Situation Normal All Fowled Up." Of course there is a censored version to this also.

/ I'm an idiot #38  

Hey, I like that one.. it's catchy. I used to park my nh 1920 in the back of my horse barn. There was just enough room to pull in, with the front bumper an inch or two from the back wall ( 2x8's on 4x4's w/ 6x6's on the ends. ).. I usually pop in neutral, lower the 3pt, kill the engine, put it back in gear, and release the clutch.. I actually do this as a safety thing, as the starter cutout won't let you start in anything but 'N'.. So one day I was in a hurry, killed the engine, poped it into gear, and let the clutch out.. while the engine was still on its last sputtering rotation.. just enough for the tractor to lurch into the back wall of the barn.. shook the whole durn place.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>1. Pull into shed
2. Pop into neutral
3. Let FEL and TPH down
4. Shut engine down.
At least thats the way my routine is supposta be. Forgot step 2 one time and let clutch out, now side of shed is bowed out about 2 feet. Left it like that though cause now I can get my TPH implement all the way into the shed too!

/ I'm an idiot #39  

Back when I had a summer job mowing for the Naperville, IL park dept. I mostly brushhogged "preconstruction" parks. The brushhog was narrower than the tractor wheels no problem about mowing close to trees, sidewalks, you get the idea.

One fine Saturday I was asked to finish mow as they were behind from rain during the week. I said sure why not, - like I had a choice away. So I'm mowing at this park - alone, everything perfect.
Monday morning I'm in the boss's office getting reamed for cutting down about a dozen little trees they had planted earlier in the year. Seem the mower deck was about 6" wider than the tires. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif
Nick

/ I'm an idiot #40  

I already chopped to oblivion 2 of the 4 septic field pvc check points (2 down, 2 to go!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif). I figure I was going to cut them down and bury them anyway (just not at that moment!)

About 3 weeks ago I knocked the electric transformer box off its pedestal with the loader while mowing. Then, I used the loader to put it back on. I was waiting for my wife to come out and tell me the power was out. Fortunatly, that didn't happen.