I'm an idiot

/ I'm an idiot
Re: I\'m an idiot

<font color=blue>The tank retrievers I've heard of are typically like the ones in the aforementioned link. Usually they're used to retrieve damaged tanks from a battlefield, pull them to a safe area where they can be repaired. And, as has been mentioned, pull stuck tanks or bulldozers. </font color=blue>

Wow.. that's a serious looking piece of equipment. I wonder if I could get one as military surplus? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I'm sure it could get my JD4300 out of about any mess I could get it into! They probably go for millions, though.. and a little more if you want the CD player. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I'm an idiot #52  

Yes trev, But what would you use if you got the retriever stuck. I was caught out in the open when one the Sky Cranes came in to pick a damaged chopper. It managed to get sand into parts of my body I would never have dreamed I would have sand. I was definately imobilized during the incident. Afterwards, couldn't even pull the bolt back on my weapon without breakdown..... Tom

/ I'm an idiot #53  

Were the Sky Cranes used to retrieve tanks, whether they were stuck or not?

/ I'm an idiot #54  

I never saw a chooper pick up a tank. It is amazing what they can pick though. I was amazed that this big thing with rotor blades that kind of drooped when setting on the pad would not come apart lifting a load. And, that is why "I are not an Ingineer". When they get a load the rotors slap the air so hard the "bang bang bang" just keeps getting louder. Truely amazing piece of equipment..

/ I'm an idiot #55  

I never have a problem with rear attachments-I nail everthing with the FEL instead...

/ I'm an idiot #56  

<font color=blue>But what would you use if you got the retriever stuck.</font color=blue>

As a former crew member on an <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.soft.net.uk/entrinet/armour9.htm>M88</A> recovery vehicle who got one stuck over the tracks in mud, I feel qualified to answer that. You get two recovery vehicle, hump what seems like miles of cable from the main winch of all three vehicles, rig half a dozen snatch blocks and winch it out.

/ I'm an idiot #57  

We all do things that we wish we hadn't done. I once backed over a brand new tool box and have done many other things. You're not an idiot you're HUMAN /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I'm an idiot #58  

Trev - I'm afraid I would have to agree with banjodj on this one. I have met a lot of idots in my life and you are simply not qualified to be one. First, you noticed right off that something wasn't right./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif Second you actually stopped to find out what it was./w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif Third, and most important, you admitted what you had done to others in a public forum./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif Not one of these traits was exhibited by ANY of the idots I have met. Usually they actually try to convince me that what every screwy thing they did was intentional.Now of course banjobj has opened a new question, what is more dangerous an idiot or a human?./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I'm an idiot #59  

Hawkflyer,

Is that like the difference between stupid and ignorant?

One is forever, the other can be cured. :)

Don

/ I'm an idiot #60  

One of the best lines I've ever heard to describe someone who didn't seem to know anything nor have any interest in improving their situation was "Too dumb to listen and too stupid to learn."