I'm an idiot

/ I'm an idiot #1  

Trev

Platinum Member
Tractor
Currently tractor-less
I\'m an idiot

Was "helping" my friend get his lawn mowed quickly the other day.. and got careless. Somehow I backed my rear finish mower up near his above-ground swimming pool, and when I pulled away I heard this awful crunching sound! oopsey! Somehow I must have turned enough to let the mower catch one of the support bars of his pool. Fortunately the pool didn't flood his back yard.. it just bent a bit, and this one upright support got torn to shreds. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

I don't suppose anyone else has made a turn and forgotten about the basic physics of where that 3pt implement is going to go?

Muhammad, can we change my title to "Idiot"? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bob

/ I'm an idiot #2  
Re: I\'m an idiot

I suggest you stay away from woven wire fences. I get the mower caught in these regularly. The real challenge is to get away from the fence without doing too much more damage. I thought I was the only one who did these things.

/ I'm an idiot #3  

<font color=blue>"Muhammad, can we change my title to "Idiot"?"</font color=blue>

Although I can't speak specifically regarding 3pt implements, I'm fairly certain that every endeavor in life has similar situations that can be used for examples.

I tend to apply the term experienced when I've done something like that. <font color=blue>You're not an idiot - - You're</font color=blue><font color=red> experienced </font color=red>! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I'm an idiot

Thanks, Guys! That makes me feel a bit better. But still...

When I talked to the lady at the insurance company about it, she said, "Gee, I've never heard of anyone blowing away a swimming pool with a lawnmower.. let me check a bit and call you right back!" /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I'm an idiot #5  

Don't feel bad Bob, these things happen. I recently put up some fences around my wifes fruit trees to keep the deer from stripping them, and just last week I was mowing around them with the lawn tractor. I decided to get as close as possible so I woudn't have to trim as much with the weed eater. Well I got a little to close and managed to hook the fence wire on the tire chains, and before I knew it, I bent one of the T-posts and mangled the fence pretty good. Luckily my wife has had her share of "little incedents" with the lawn tractor that I didn't get "that look" or any verbal darts from her.

/ I'm an idiot #6  

Well count me in that "pool" of idiots as well. The other day I was mowing the pasture and trying to get as close as I could to the fence line. Back wheel hit a post and broke it. That was bad enough but then I broke the next one too!!! /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ I'm an idiot #7  

Bob:
I'll take you on for "King of the Idiots" any day. The numerous acts are far to many to mention and far to embarassing to relate.
Egon

/ I'm an idiot #8  

Years ago the neighbor kid was mowing around their pool with a Simplicity 7119.... No gaurd on the mower chute. He managed to get between the pool post and slice the outer skin on the pool. He was lucky that sand was around the inside bottom at an angle and didn't get the liner. But then, if you knew this kid, it would have been funny if he created "pool failure"....... Tom

/ I'm an idiot

Egon, you expect me to simply take your word for it that you're a bigger idiot than I am? What do you take me for, an idiot?? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ I'm an idiot #10  

<font color=blue>"The numerous acts are far to many to mention and far to embarassing to relate."</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif Hmmm? Makes me wonder if this wouldn't be a good topic for a new forum.

Now before any of you start complaining about "fessing up" to doing stupid things, think about it. How many times have members, myself included, admitted in one of the forums of doing something stupid, or at least almost reaching the point of regretting whatever it was you were trying to do?

Sometimes I get the feeling that admitting our mistakes is like a badge of honor! /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif We're saying, <font color=blue>"Hey, I did this when I knew I shouldn't and I survived. Now don't YOU go and do it too!"</font color=blue> We also put that information out here so that other members can learn from our mistakes. Actually, I think that's the real reason that we post them! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Anyway, a forum dedicated to <font color=blue>BLOOPERS</font color=blue>, or whatever it might be called, could be very useful and informative. O.K. O.K. - It would also be VERY entertaining! /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

What do you think, Muhammad? Sound like it could work? I can almost guarantee that it would become one of the more frequented forums on the board. I'd be happy to assist with it if that would help.