Insurance My insurance company gonna love this

/ My insurance company gonna love this #1  

Kodiak

Platinum Member
Tractor
New holland TC29-9x3 Woods 1012 FEL, Woods, 7500 Backhoe / Kubota L345DT 4WD, Kub FEL, Kub Backhoe
Me and my ol buddy Murphy's Law were doing a small job for a neighbor earlier today. We were digging footing drains around their house, with the backhoe. And you all know Murph, just can't leave well enough alone. I'd already dug all the way around the house, only had 6' to go. but i had to cross the trench where I started(12" trench). Now I've done this a hundred times if I've done it once. But is gettin hot out and I was in a wee bit of a hurry. To make a long story short. Inside of trench caved in, under the back tire. Tractor leans over against the house. ROPS goes through a 3'X6' ft window. And the backhoe stabilizer, which was up, takes out the window moulding and some siding. Final stab in the back. The tractor is still there, sticking through the window. I can't move it without doing more damage. I'm sure it will cost me another six pack (premium beer) to have my other neighbor come and gingerly remove it with his Cat 416.

Well so far everybody else is laughing about it. Some how I don't think the insurance company is going to see the humor in this.

/ My insurance company gonna love this #2  
Re: [b]My insurance company gonna love this[/b]

Kodiak - Read the thread "I'm an Idiot" in this forum. It won't fix the hous but you'll feel better.

/ My insurance company gonna love this

Yes, I just finished reading it. I still think I've got him beat in the humility factor.

I'm on my way out the door to go rescue the tractor. My neighbor also upped the price to a 12 pack, but he said he would share.

/ My insurance company gonna love this #4  

12 PACK!! I'll be right over!Good luck.

/ My insurance company gonna love this #5  

A picture would be worth a thousand laughs./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ My insurance company gonna love this #6  

Hey Kodiak,

I'd nominate this story to be the very first recorded in the <font color=blue>Blooper</font color=blue> forum. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Kinda makes you feel good inside, doesn't it? Knowing you're setting the standard for every one else! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ My insurance company gonna love this #7  
I really have no comment on this, except seeing the HTML code on the front and back to the Subject Title was bugging me, so I decided to edit it for this post.

/ My insurance company gonna love this #8  

Yea, I agree, but if it was me, I'd keep anyone with a camera as far away as I could. People laugh at me enough.However a friend of mind did send me the attached picture tonight. Maybe Kodiak will get a laugh out of it.

Attachments

• 47-173811-Things_you_shouldn_t_drop.jpg
    47-173811-Things_you_shouldn_t_drop.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 126
   / My insurance company gonna love this #9  

How good a carpenter are you? My insurance quote was for $1000 deductible. I think you could spend less than that for materials. I would save the insurance for a real problem. Like the whole house sliding into the trench. Insurance companies are getting a little trigger happy on dropping people that file claims these days.

/ My insurance company gonna love this

Well good news all around. Wife of damaged neighbor beat me to the draw and called their insurance company first. She told them it wasn't a commercial job, just freindly help. So all is being covered by their home owners insurance. I have volunteered to pay their deductible. She is also very pleased because this gives her the excuse to get the bay window she has always wanted. Tractor came out no worse for wear. A second quick trip to town for a sheet of plywood took care of the hole. Also had to procure more suds for the local neighborjood inspection committe that had convened. And I'm back at home licking the wounds that I had sustained from dragging my shoulders on the ground.

Oh by the way, my ol buddy Murph, well HE's FIRED!!!