Waxing tractor

/ Waxing tractor #41  
Yes I wax mine occasionally too. Its 3 years old (got it Xmas /06) still looks brand new with 950 hours of hard, dirty, work on it. I traded in old tractors and implements, put the hammer to the old piggy-bank enough to get a JD-3520-Cab,.....with the extras and the wheel spacers etc and so on there is about 50 grand tied up in that machine. Quite an investment for "me"!!

So yes indeed, of course,...most certainly I wash 'er top and her bottom, (she loves it) it may have to last the rest of my life,...so by all means I'm gonna polish 'er up nice!

I think it probably depends on what that tractor "means" to you. Some of you have dollars to spare and can buy what looks good to you,...then use it, abuse it, work it hard and put it away wet and think nothing about it till you need it again. Fine, that's your business and I have no quarrel with it.

Some guys and gals too, worked very hard to get a nice tractor. (I've had some NOT so nice,..rusty old junkers patched and wired together), I didn't wax them, they weren't conducive to such treatment but now that I have one that certainly is beautiful and very conducive to a wash and wax,..I do! ..Absolutely!

.......AND,.....(to set the scene),..the cab of my "truck" is beautiful,..and I keep it that way because I'm proud to look it over and feel such beauty,...I enjoy driving. OK,...the cab of my "tractor" is also one of particular beauty,...and I keep it that way because I'm proud to look it over and feel like smiling while I'm working it. Boy OH Boy !! some of you must think I'm a wierdo,... and that is your business and I don't have a problem with what you think because I spend a lot of time in my truck and my tractor and I'm really very happy in both.

What was the question? ..."do you wax"??? My answer is: .."Hail Yes!"

CHEERS!
. . tug

/ Waxing tractor #42  
My tractor turned 10 years old in May. Never seen any wax. Washed it maybe once a year. But it stays in a building and there is no rust.

/ Waxing tractor #43  
Yes I wax mine occasionally too. Its 3 years old (got it Xmas /06) still looks brand new with 950 hours of hard, dirty, work on it. I traded in old tractors and implements, put the hammer to the old piggy-bank enough to get a JD-3520-Cab,.....with the extras and the wheel spacers etc and so on there is about 50 grand tied up in that machine. Quite an investment for "me"!!

So yes indeed, of course,...most certainly I wash 'er top and her bottom, (she loves it) it may have to last the rest of my life,...so by all means I'm gonna polish 'er up nice!

I think it probably depends on what that tractor "means" to you. Some of you have dollars to spare and can buy what looks good to you,...then use it, abuse it, work it hard and put it away wet and think nothing about it till you need it again. Fine, that's your business and I have no quarrel with it.

Some guys and gals too, worked very hard to get a nice tractor. (I've had some NOT so nice,..rusty old junkers patched and wired together), I didn't wax them, they weren't conducive to such treatment but now that I have one that certainly is beautiful and very conducive to a wash and wax,..I do! ..Absolutely!

.......AND,.....(to set the scene),..the cab of my "truck" is beautiful,..and I keep it that way because I'm proud to look it over and feel such beauty,...I enjoy driving. OK,...the cab of my "tractor" is also one of particular beauty,...and I keep it that way because I'm proud to look it over and feel like smiling while I'm working it. Boy OH Boy !! some of you must think I'm a wierdo,... and that is your business and I don't have a problem with what you think because I spend a lot of time in my truck and my tractor and I'm really very happy in both.

What was the question? ..."do you wax"??? My answer is: .."Hail Yes!"

CHEERS!
. . tug

That's where I'm at. It's all I could afford. But it's a tractor!!!!!

/ Waxing tractor #44  
I have never heard of paint needing to breathe, wouldn't that be part of the oxidation process? People have been waxing their vehicles for decades, although I do remember reading that it is not necessary with clear coat over the paint.

I do see waxes made for clear coat, the clear coat must still let the paint
breathe.

Clear coat does not take the place of wax or sealant. Clear Coat merely just protects the base color. Think of it as its first line of defense. Waxes and sealants protect the clear coat or paint from harmful contaminants, such as bird crap, sap, acid rain, the suns rays and so forth. By not protecting the clear coat properly it will degrade, oxidize and won't protect the base coat as its intended for.

/ Waxing tractor #45  
Clear coat does not take the place of wax or sealant. Clear Coat merely just protects the base color. Think of it as its first line of defense. Waxes and sealants protect the clear coat or paint from harmful contaminants, such as bird crap, sap, acid rain, the suns rays and so forth. By not protecting the clear coat properly it will degrade, oxidize and won't protect the base coat as its intended for.

I wax all my vehicles clear coat or not they just clean up better with a coat of wax on them. It sure looks nice when the rain just beads up and slides off a waxed hood.

/ Waxing tractor #47  
Waxer here.Wax almost everything except the bucket,I do however wax the loader.Heck I even pull the wheels to wax the back side once in a while:D
My 4300 looks better than when I brought it home ten years and two months ago.

/ Waxing tractor #48  
My tractor turned 10 years old in May. Never seen any wax. Washed it maybe once a year. But it stays in a building and there is no rust.

Ditto ! I use a power wash once a year and keep them inside., If they sat out in the sun or rain I would wax them but since they are nice and warm and dry inside, no wax is necessary. I use them so much during the year for real work - so they are not a hobby tractors. Often referred to " seat time " occurs all too frequently..LOL