Revoving smell from tractor seat

/ Revoving smell from tractor seat #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
Recently bought a tractor that has obviously had a tom cat living in it on a cloth seat...Whats the best to get rid of the pee smell..?

/ Revoving smell from tractor seat #2  
Recently bought a tractor that has obviously had a tom cat living in it on a cloth seat...Whats the best to get rid of the pee smell..?

Ouch!! that's a new one! I'd suggest go the grocery story and get a spray bottle of "Resolve", ts made for such things.. It takes out carpet stains (such as your stains) and will probably get rid of most of the smell...use it a couple of times at least. Also, probably a bleach and water solution could work as well, but I'm not sure what the bleach will do to the paint/seat. Good luck. BobG in VA

/ Revoving smell from tractor seat #3  
Re-upholster the seat.

/ Revoving smell from tractor seat #4  
Cow Manure?:D

/or recover/replace it. Febreeze?

/ Revoving smell from tractor seat #6  
Not sure of the name--maybe Nature's Miracle or something like that. They are an enzyme based solution that you soak the material (we used on wood floors) and it removes the odor very well and also stops re-occurring incidents (we had an indoor cat competing with an outdoor cat for territory near the door!!). I've seen it in the grocery store in the pet aisle--along with a couple of other similar products. Even better yet--replace with an upgraded seat!

/ Revoving smell from tractor seat #7  
With a little more time to think, debatable process, perhaps try some pickled eggs and a different brand of beer before getting in the cab!;)

/ Revoving smell from tractor seat #8  
On the plus side, you probably don't have to worry about mice making a nest there!

/ Revoving smell from tractor seat #9  
Seems to me ammonia is used for that sort of job on carpets.
Replacing the seat is much more effective.

/ Revoving smell from tractor seat #10  
Replacing the seat is much more effective.

I agree...by the time you're done buying & trying 25 different "potions" to get the smell out, you'll probably have spent the same money as buying a replacement. With the replacement you're GUARANTEED the smell is gone.

When it comes down to it, I dont think theres a surefire way to remove some smells...car dealers try as hard as they can to remove the smoke smell but the smell is never 100% gone.