Trivial use of tractors

/ Trivial use of tractors #121  
zzvyb6 said:
I've used my 20' extension ladder in the raised bucket to rethread the lanyard on the top of my 30' flagpole. The aluminum pole sure is a lot more flexible than I first thought. Need to keep the tilt angle REAL small...
I need a little more information on this one. Just so we are sure of the facts. You placed your tractor near the flag pole and put a 20' ladder in the raised bucket and leaned it up against a flag pole? You climbed into the bucket and climbed up the ladder braced up against the flag pole? You reached the top of the pole and treaded a rope through a pulley on top of the pole? Have I got this right? I assume it wasn't a windy day? :eek:

/ Trivial use of tractors #122  
I use my skidsteer loader as a jack when I work on pickup trucks.

/ Trivial use of tractors #123  
I came home from work a several weeks ago to find the wife in the back pasture with the tractor, something she rarely does w/o my supervision. She's just sitting there waving for me to come out there, I prepare to fly off the handle.

As I approach it becomes obvious why she is laughing like a maniac, she was using the FEL to scoop the top off fire ant mound A and dump it on mound B. She had about 30 turf wars going on across about 5 acres and was enjoying herself immensely. I bought her a very nice birthday present(puppy) this past weekend just to be safe.

/ Trivial use of tractors #126  
Fire ant turf wars:eek: I love it. So many things all in one place.:D

FEL practice
leveling the pasture
biological ant control
happy wife
biodegradable dead ants
happy puppy
wife sees hidden benefit in tractor attachments

It's not trivial use... it's realizing the tractor is central to quality of life!

/ Trivial use of tractors #127  
texasjohn said:
It's not trivial use... it's realizing the tractor is central to quality of life!
Now there is a quote someone will use in the next couple of days. Sort of a tractor owning mission statement?:D