Trivial use of tractors

/ Trivial use of tractors #11  
I'm finishing up a garden shed. To do the roofing I am going to put the bundles of shingles in the FEL and raise them to roof height. No use in climbing up and down the ladder with those beasts if I can just reach over and grab out of the bucket!

/ Trivial use of tractors #12  
Exactly what I intend to do when I help put a new roof on my dad's house later this summer. I've carried those bundles of shingles up ladders before. No fun................

My brothers will be pleasantly surprised since they don't know I have a FEL yet and still think we have to carry all the shingles up.

/ Trivial use of tractors #13  
Maybe you ought to let your brothers carry a couple of bundles up the ladder - when it is your turn suddenly "remember" that you have a FEL!!

/ Trivial use of tractors #14  
Well, I've been known to strap logs to the FEL with chain and then raise them to a convienient height for cutting. Makes things much easier when using the bucksaw, and it sure keeps the chainsaw out of the dirt! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Tom

/ Trivial use of tractors #15  
I've got a couple 'trivial' uses for my tractor:

1. Sledgehammer... the FEL works great to push fence posts back into the ground after they've moved from frost heave.

2. Dustpan... When I sweep out the garage, I use the FEL bucket as a dustpan. I really wouldn't do this normally, but when my wife is watching, I love to show off the 'usefulness' factor... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Trivial use of tractors #16  
Similar to lifting shingles to the roof.....found out my FEL made it a whole lot easier to build tree stands around my place. Load the wood and supplies in it, drive to the tree and lift my hunting buddy up to hammer away.....No more ladders to drag back & forth.....and I am still getting valuable seat time.

Paul

/ Trivial use of tractors #17  
In respect to the Logs in the Loader............. We have done that several times... Saves on the back and like you said, The Saw in the Dirt. I have a bud who managed to hit the bucket 2 times with his saw in a matter of a few minutes apart. It went like "saw/cuss.......saw cuss" When I do something stupid that he comments on I just remind him of the event............... Tom

/ Trivial use of tractors #18  
I've gotten adept at using the bucket curl to flip beer bottles out of the way when I'm moving dirt, does this count? :)

/ Trivial use of tractors #19  
I'd be more impressed if you could get a cold one from the cooler and flip it back to the driver's seat. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Now THAT would be a useful skill. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Trivial use of tractors
Alright! I see where the abbreviated address is on the picture file. Now a few square brackets around url for opening and a few square brackets around /url for closing....FORKS
I think I'll forgo the underline and color and see if this works. SteveV