heat in cab???

/ heat in cab??? #1  

bmikl

My father in law has a tractor that has a 4 cylinder 2.2 liter Kubota engine. The heater in the cab does not heat very much. The heater core temp measures 135 degrees. The temp gauge never gets above 1/3. I covered the radiator and drove it around but the temp never changes. The air that comes out of the vents is not very warm (44 degrees) outside. Does anyone know the temp that these engines shoud run at? I would think that the heater would be able to keep enclosed cab fairly warm. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

/ heat in cab??? #2  
Not being that familiar with them myself but if it has a thermostat in the waterline is it stuck open? Or has it been removed completely?

/ heat in cab??? #3  
I would do as mentioned and replace the T-stat. That is more than likely your issue.

Chris

/ heat in cab??? #4  
check the other thread you posted in for more answers

/ heat in cab??? #5  
We have a after-market Curtis cab & heater on a Kubota L4310. The heater circuit has a valve in that you turn off for summer and on for winter. Maybe your FIL has this setup?

/ heat in cab??? #6  
First I would check the anti-freeze level. If it is low, then you won't get much heat. Then I would do what the others above mentioned.

My B3030HSDC gets the cab plenty warm, despite all of the glass. The coldest temperature that I have used the tractor at was -19F and after a while I had to turn the heat way down.