Older CUT tractors.What to buy?

/ Older CUT tractors.What to buy? #21  
Used chinese? can't believe there is a market for that.. they are economy when new.. can't imagine there is tangible resale value on them??.. I mena.. look at the small crate units.. what do you sell a used machine that showed up new in a packing crate for 3900$? I remember the 2900$ 2wd units at the homier shows 5 ys ago.. i should got one then when they were ultra cheap.. coulda loade dit in the back of my pickup and drove it home..

not kicking them.. just I never really see alot of chinese units for sale used...

soundguy

/ Older CUT tractors.What to buy? #22  
I agree, with most replies that you need a 35-50hp tractor. In the your price range, I would be looking at older tractors. If you're mechanically inclined you can get an older tractor that's still in good operating condition. Some of these will need some TLC, but if you look around you can find some nice deals. I got a 1967 Ford 4000 about 9 years ago for about $5k. It included a Bushog brush cutter and a box blade. The tractor wont win any beauty contests and it needs some engine work, but it's done what I've asked of it over the years. I have since bought a backhoe, blade, rake and wood chipper. I have a gas engine and if I were to do it again I'd have gotten diesel. Good luck in your search and I hope you find something you like. Like buying a home dont jump at the first thing you see, it took me over a year to find my tractor.

Wedge

/ Older CUT tractors.What to buy?
I looked at tractors around here and even the used foreign units are $5000 with out implements. :confused: Farm tractors I used were a Massey Ferguson and a Ford 8N.I can't find a used one under $7000.I almost bought a junker 8N for $1500, to rebuild over winter,but I didn't feel to confident in finding parts locally.

/ Older CUT tractors.What to buy? #24  
Used tractor availability really varies as to the surrounding agricultural base.

I looked at a 82 Ford F250 today.It had a HUGE winch bumper on the front,what appeared to be a flat push bumper on the back,and a 4 speed top loader transmission with PTO.The PTO was used to drive a hydro powered winch.the winch was gone.Sold I'm told.The equipment came from a Ford wrecker truck with a dual boom lift.My idear(oh gahhh,Ben's brain is at it again) is to use the PTO to drive hydraulic system and run a small FEL on front,3pt. on back,and a extending boom in the bed.

/ Older CUT tractors.What to buy? #28  
I'm stuck too.. can't make more than day trips to find goodies... :( ho-hum...

soundguy

I'm stuck too.. can't make more than day trips to find goodies... :( ho-hum...

soundguy

During the holidays the kids participate in plays,puppet shows,and parades.Last week my step girls were in "Dickens of a Christmas" theatrical play.My oldest step gurl travels around the upstate doing puppet shows for disabled kids,nursing homes,and senior retirement facilities.Both of them were in the town Christmas parade today.I wish my boys would take more interest in school activities.

/ Older CUT tractors.What to buy? #30  
it does help out with character building.

soundguy